Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  some functions i miss for better research 
some functions i miss for better research
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
some functions i miss for better research  
Edit by eyebo: Separating out each wish and commenting them.
This is also to give a status update as of March 2017.

Kristján says:
» I kinda miss in the find tracks section the difficulty search, I'm a canyon noobie and i want to search for beginners tracks and as I remember tmx had that function where we could select the tracks by difficulty (beginner, intermediate, expert and lunatic)

This is done :done:

Kristján says:
» The botw, botm and boat thing that is included on "find tracks" like in tmx for searching for determinated tracks on a space of time (i dont know if it's useful or not?) - i know it's clickable below the botw below homepage but i think you know what I mean

This isn't implemented yet, and it would be cool. I'd love to be able to search for most awarded tracks during a specific time period, like.... most awarded tracks for February 2013. EDIT: This is added :done:

Kristján says:
» I want to see how my compatriots are adapting with tm2 and it's hard to find people from the country i want on the user list without a filter users by country feature (:

This isn't implemented. There's no way to sort or filter by country on the users list.

Kristján says:
» Where's the "single, symetric, multi" route thing? :o (probably a yagni feature but it's weird to not see then here)

This is correct. There's still no way to sort by "Route".

Kristján says:
» I don't know if it might be useful, some country flags i dont know and sometimes i'm curious about that so why not a simple pop up square with the name of the country appearing when i put the arrow on top of a flag? ^^ I know the solution it's just seeing the user profil but still ... ^^

So yeah, there's no mouseover for the country in the users list. But you can go to the profile to check the country name. EDIT: You can hover on a flag to see where it's from now. :done:

Kristján says:
» It's not possible to show the miniature of the maps aka the 2nd screen like we have in tmnf-x?

This is done. :done:

Kristján says:
Other things i kinda miss but i hope to see then soon :)
- beta area

"Unreleased" track feature solved this. So I'd say done. :done:

Kristján says:
- mx sign pack

This is done. :done:

Kristján says:
- playpal

Unfinished. Could be cool though.

Kristján says:
- quick links on the right of the homepage (maniaplanet, maniacreative, maniapark, tmtube, etc)

We never did this, but it's still a good idea I think.

Kristján says:
- good'old smileys :V =)) :(

Some never got added. :(

Kristján says:
sorry if i'm repeating many things i'm just starting to get into maniaexchange and i dont know the current situation of some features or if any of what I said was already mentionated

PS just offtopic
when i click this thing -> it goes into a html text page ^^ i don't think it's useful to open another threat for that

I guess that's explained below. RSS feeds were removed from MX long ago anyway, and no one is asking for them anymore.
Last edited by eyebo,
Old Age Caravanner

MX signs pack is already done by Enai, search in stickies ;)
Zimmer Racer

fabio_m says:
PS just offtopic
when i click this thing -> it goes into a html text page ^^ i don't think it's useful to open another threat for that

It's an RSS feed for the frontpage news. That's the standard icon for RSS feeds. Right click the icon and "Copy link location". Then paste the URL into your favorite news reader, like Google Reader and subscribe to it. ;) I don't know why my browser doesn't immediately give me the option to subscribe to it as soon as I click it though. :s
Site Leader

you probably have chrome? it doesn't have RSS functionality.
Zimmer Racer

Yes. :p

Also, fabio_m made some great suggestions. I think I've either seen or thought about most of them, except the "search user by country" idea. That was new to me. I like that.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

indeed, I want to be sure I'm the only Lithuanian here xD
Zimmer Racer

lol

fabio_m says:
- quick links on the right of the homepage (maniaplanet, maniacreative, maniapark, tmtube, etc)

Until we get that, I've set up a sticky topic in the main forum.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Space says:
you probably have chrome? it doesn't have RSS functionality.

yes i have^^
thanks for listening my sugestions :)
Old Age Caravanner

Another great thing for easier handling would be the possibility to add authors to a favourites function (y)
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem