Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Having family or friends award your tracks is strictly forbi... 
Having family or friends award your tracks is strictly forbidden
Page: 3 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

Happy to read ur post eyebo ! Gives me hopes for a better future here on MX !
eyebo (701) says:

Well yeah, a lot of people did it. A lot of factors were considered when seeing if someone was cheating the system, like who they were awarding overall, if they posted their own tracks, what IP they were on, etc. It wasn't any single thing. Apparantly your uses never raised any red flags, and thus you were never confronted by the moderators. Trust me though, plenty of users are on a nearly daily basis. And there are people who quite blatantly try to cheat the system.
A case that springs to my mind is a user who awarded every track in the recently uploaded tracks along with his own tracks. He hadn't even downloaded any of the tracks with that account, and all his awards were written exactly the same. This stuff goes on all the time unfortunately.

Personally I think it was a legitimate reason with this ip stuff when it comes to TMX, coz, after all, its a free game, and users can, if they want to, easely create as many user account as they like in order to increase the value or exposure to they`re own tracks by either award it or post replays.... However, Canyon is a paid game, and the question is; how likely it is that many users will pay for a second game, only to be able to do this kind of cheat ?? Coz, after all, how much more value to a track is added by one single more award???
eyebo (701) says:
I think some of the moderators are probably burned out from dealing with so many hundreds (maybe thousands) of users in the past that were cheating that we find it too easy to see everyone as a conniving little cheater, and perhaps we've stopped giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Certainly that's very bad. I don't think it is true for every case, but perhaps we're sometimes a little too quick to reach a judgement without sufficient facts.

Yeah, no problem to understand that.... So here, the facts I mentioned taken into considerations by the moderators, might maybe help to relax a little about it?
eyebo (701) says:
You really have nothing to be sorry about. It's us that should be sorry.
I'm not sure if anything will change, but I sympathize with you, and with anyone else who shares a computer with family and friends, especially in places where everyone can't afford their own PC, let alone a PC that can run Canyon.

Does this means it might be changed in the future ? Those facts taken into consideration?
Moped Racer

Nesrally says:
Does this means it might be changed in the future ? Those facts taken into consideration?

The wording of the rule can be changed, but the way the system detects things won't.
Deep fried

Enai Siaion says:
Dynamic IP. :cool: If I wanted I'd give myself 50 awards.

haha are you sure, not without buying 50 games becouse you cant give award unless your acoount is connected to a canyon user (1 per copy) am i wrong. ?
eyebo says:
The question is, should the experience of legitimate users be diminished simply to protect the game from some possible cheaters?

no need imo,becouse this game is not free "for now"...
it for sure a bigger issue for free games, thats for sure

award is not a real cheat but ofc it brings you track in the spot light a few extra seconds.
who cares how we find the good tracks even if its some cheat involved.

cheat is speed hack or speed program that actually slow down the car and you can make crazy times becouse you have more time to react.

I have tryed a speed program on tmnf(not speed hack), its fun for a while to take all corner perfect but it destroy your skill level.
and its useless online, you get banned. so dont try it..

Forzyy says:
Nesrally says:

The wording of the rule can be changed, but the way the system detects things won't.

Why, i mean there is no point keeping it. if someone want to cheat he must buy a new canyon key, right. ?
becouse you must activate your mx account with canyon user /key to even have the priority to give an award.
and 1 user can only give one award per track so that means you need a new key to cheat 2 awards on a track, who does that. ?

so this is crazy Forzyy.

eyebo says:

SPIDER says:
your gf ,,,, have to go to a library and login and award if she really want to give you the award.

Enai Siaion says:

No, that won't work either. IPs are logged and the fact both accounts have shared IPs in the past means they'll never be able to award each other. Of course there's still ways to get around the system using proxies and stuff. =p

I dont understand what you mean with this eyebo. ? You cant give a track more than 1 award.

I can give you award for free if you wait but if you dont like to wait as me, i give you award for ONLY 20 euro. cantact me at,, 555-SPIDER =p
MAX ONE PER TRACK. :cool:

The best with those topic like this, is that you improve your typing skills. ^^
Beetle Racer

Forzyy says:
Nesrally says:

Ok, tnx for quick response Forzyy ! But what exactly do that implicate ? "The wording of the rule"..... Will it mean that u, or other moderators, can make it a way that allow awarding from same IP adress? As long as u understand it is not me, or all the other players, happens to live and race from "under one roof" trying to award they`re own tracks ?
Moped Racer

... says:
But what exactly do that implicate ? "The wording of the rule"

The way it's written is absurd. The definition of 'friend' varies from real-life to ingame. In fact, we'll remove it all together.

... says:
can make it a way that allow awarding from same IP adress?

"The way the system detects things won't" implies that what you're arguing about being "under the one roof" won't be changed. If an IP matches another IP, the system will still prevent the action from being executed and the event will be logged.

I'm sorry. But when it's prevented over a thousand logged incidents involving matching IP's for awards, I call it a success. Even if it comes at a cost of preventing legitimacy (e.g. you and Rhona).
Deep fried

SPIDER (207)
I can give you award for free if you wait but if you dont like to wait as me, i give you award for [b says:

ONLY[/b] 20 euro. cantact me at,, 555-SPIDER =p
MAX ONE PER TRACK. :cool:
The best with those topic like this, is that you improve your typing skills. ^^

Hehe, u r so funny spider...my sweet brother... (in sweedish; min søta bror)
But tnx for supporting my complain about the system...;-) (l)
Moped Racer

[quote=Forzyy]
... says:

I'm sorry. But when it's prevented over a thousand logged incidents involving matching IP's for awards, I call it a success. Even if it comes at a cost of preventing legitimacy (e.g. you and Rhona).

That kind of sad forzyy... Ur, (I suppose its urs, since its ur coding into make a system to prevent this kind of cheat.. although it might be other more fear ways to do it ) makes personal success for u, but "disaster" for others, like me and Rhona, and our friends, and turns us, and presumably others like us, away from this site..... :'(
Moped Racer

[quote=Nesrally][quote=Forzyy]
... says:

For us those who have legitimate canyon, it should allow us to award any tracks that we like to. We cant call it as cheats as long as its legitimate profile. Because its not our lose if others gonna buy more canyon for them to give awards for their selves. And I think NADEO will be very happy for it coz can earn much. :d

Last edited by Rhona,
Learner Driver

Is it hard to understand that this system is here to prevent situations like:

"Hey I made a track, can you award it on your canyon copy brother?"
(Which happens with every track the person builds)

You're making such a huge problem of the fact that you can not "award" someone's track?
Segmentation fault

SPIDER (207) says:
Enai Siaion says:

haha are you sure, not without buying 50 games becouse you cant give award unless your acoount is connected to a canyon user (1 per copy)

So... worth it.
Beetle Racer
Page: 3 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem