Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Downloading/uploading tracks? 
Downloading/uploading tracks?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Downloading/uploading tracks?  
Hi,
I was searching the forum for answers but couldn't find any. How does this work?
For instance I make a track with custom files like .dds's or .ogg's and I upload only the .gbx file (track) to this site.
How does someone else get the files?
Is it uploaded to the server when making the track?

I've noticed I download all the "extra" files from other tracks when having downloaded a track of someone else through this site. Most of these things are placed in the cache folder which I found. Still I'm not sure if I have to do something else to the files so that everyone gets them when downloading the track from the site and opening it in the game.

Does anyone have an explanation for me? I'm new to Trackmania 2 and the custom files. (I used to play the old versions ages ago :p)

I even searched through the help file on maniaplanet but there was no anwser. :s

Hope to speak to you soon.
Feels gooood!

You'll want to read about locators. Look here:
http://tutorials.mania-creative.com/tm2_locators/index-eng-1
Site Leader

eyebo (701) says:
You'll want to read about locators. Look here:
http://tutorials.mania-creative.com/tm2_locators/index-eng-1

aaaaaah, this makes so much sense. Being out of the game for ages has made me dumb. I'm going to use my dropbox for all my files from my new track. (btw have a look at my new track *cough* self promotion ;) )

Thanks allot Eyebo
Feels gooood!

Alright I made all the .loc files by uploading them to my public folder from dropbox and making a .txt with their corresponding file name, putting the url inside and changing the extension from .txt to .loc
I've put the .loc files into my media folders, opened the game, went to editor for my track, saved it again, closed the game and uploaded the "new" track to the site.

Is this good to go?

If anyone wants to try this to see if it works, please feel free to check and please let me know!! Either by comment here or on the track page.

Thanks in advance
StickyBert
(aka StickyLou)
Feels gooood!

It automatically downloaded a ton of dds and ogg files when I went to load the track. So yeah, I guess you did it correctly. (y)
Site Leader

eyebo (701) says:
It automatically downloaded a ton of dds and ogg files when I went to load the track. So yeah, I guess you did it correctly. (y)

Wooohoooo, thanks Eyebo for the heads up! I feel a lot better now.
Feels gooood!

I just wanted to add this thread for future problems :p
Last edited by Sticky,
Feels gooood!
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem