Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  [FIXED] Special Accounts - Replay Downloading Allowed... 
[FIXED] Special Accounts - Replay Downloading Allowed...
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[FIXED] Special Accounts - Replay Downloading Allowed...  
The ability to block downloading tracks from an account is rendered somewhat useless by virtue of the fact that you can still download replays from those accounts and play against the replays.

For accounts on which you are unable to download tracks... replay downloading should probably also be blocked.

Two examples are the BASCO account and the MX KO account.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

I sad this in basco thread, but maybe you misssed it. :p
Just hide the tracks on those account. (y)
no one can play them anyway. :-w
Beetle Racer

It's not so important on the BASCO account since no one but the author would be able to upload a replay anyway, at least not until the trackpack is released, at which point it doesn't matter.

On the KO account, it's really nice to upload replays and gain some LB on the ladder. So I don't like the idea of hiding them. But I'm not sure I like the idea of people downloading my replays to practice the maps either.

I suppose replay downloading does keep people honest though. If someone is cutting a map or using a speedhack, it's important to be able to download their replay and see that.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem