Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  .bik support for TM2 
.bik support for TM2
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
.bik support for TM2  
I'm trying to load a .bik file as a sign in TM2 but it just comes up red with black spots - in TMNF the .bik loads instantly so does TM2 not support .bik files?

thanks
G-kart Racer

tm2 does not support bik.

I believe it has to do with the fact that you calculate the shadows/lightmap beforehand to be included with the track. The lightmap is a static thing and it would have to be more dynamic to support the changing lighting that emanates from a glowing animated sign with different colors and brightnesses as it plays and loops.

TMF didn't have such good graphics, so it wasn't a problem to have animated signage.
Site Leader

G-kart Racer

Why couldn't they add support for MT animations, then ?
Moped Racer

Good question. ;) Maybe they still could.
Write a suggestion topic on the applicable part of the maniaplanet forums:
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum.php?f=28
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

eyebo (777) says:

TMF didn't have such good graphics, ...

Neither does TM² :p
Last edited by SkunkY,
..wasn't me

huh? :|

Sure it does... just don't look too closely at the trees. :p
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

basically it doesn't... I think it's just the effect created by all the unnecessary sh*t on every block ^^ maybe textures are more high-quality... and lightning system is nothing useful, just more irritating when wrongly used.

and even though canyon looks quite same for me, on lowest gfx settings it has much worse performance than on almost ultrahigh settings in TMF.

p.s. eyebo, go judge april mtc :@
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Seriously, you're gonna compare TMF on full graphics to Canyon on lowest? That's fighting dirty. :p

But okay, I'll go judge April. :)
Site Leader

yes, I gonna, because performance is the same =p
Zimmer Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem