Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Rule to forbid people using the blogs to advertise their own... 
Rule to forbid people using the blogs to advertise their own tracks?
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

Will shootmania get on this page to. ? :-w
I tought that this is only for trackmania games. !

About blog issue.
Maybe add a button where you can click if you think the blog don´t suits in blog , and after 6 negative votes a moderator get a pm about a bad blog in the blog area at the blogs. =p and he take a look at it and decide its future there.
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

SPIDER (900) says:
Will shootmania get on this page to. ? :-w
I tought that this is only for trackmania games. !

I don't know how this is gonna be handled. Of course mania-exchange will also be a place to share your shootmnaia-creations, that's why it's called mania-exchange now and not trackmania-exchange anymore. The question is how and how much they will be seperated. A possibility is to do it like for example for tm-exchange where they are seperated completely.

When you click here you can already see it seems to be planned this way, so maybe the blogs you write are shown for TM or SM only. But that doesn't change the potential that new SM-players get inspired by the TM-blogs and do the same for SM. I mean when I would be a new player in SM and haven't played TM before and I discover the blog feature and think about writing one myself I would go to the trackmania-exchange first to look what usual blogs look like. People will do so and the trend to self-advertising-blogs continues, it will become more and more.

SPIDER (900) says:
About blog issue.
Maybe add a button where you can click if you think the blog don´t suits in blog , and after 6 negative votes a moderator get a pm about a bad blog in the blog area at the blogs. =p and he take a look at it and decide its future there.

This is actually a nice idea. It's a nice compromise in my opinion, but I still think a rule would be the better alternative, because it's more reliable and consistent.

edit: I noticed that when you go to the cover page of mx it switches between different backgrounds (already some SM-backgrounds) everytime you visit it instead of just being grey anymore. Nice work Forzyy! :d
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

A post has been made by 'MX Moderators' on the blog, to explain the new rule.
Surely Retired

MrA says:
A post has been made by 'MX Moderators' on the blog, to explain the new rule.

Link: http://tm.mania-exchange.com/blogs/entry/234/what-are-blogs-for
Site Leader

Well there is 2 blogs about there own tracks. ?
good rule :@

You should remove this rule for now. :-w

til when it´s not forbidden but impossible to post your own tracks in blog.
Then this will work. but I dont care about this rule and i think its stupid anyway...
maybe in 6 month its needed and starts to showup to many tracks or not :$ but til then, lift/bend this rule. :|
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

moderators should remove the blogs which don't obey the rules, not the rules themselves...
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

hmm, I may have sinned then.. :$
(on the sm.mania-exchange i made a blog about my maps because they had 0 downloads)
Space says:
moderators should remove the blogs which don't obey the rules

I agree on this, now that I know it is forbidden.
a Blog offers so much possibilities, other then "I want an award 8-| " Spam.
Last edited by adder,
Quad Bike Racer

SPIDER (15031) says:
Well there is 2 blogs about there own tracks. ?
good rule :@

You should remove this rule for now. :-w

til when it´s not forbidden but impossible to post your own tracks in blog.
Then this will work. but I dont care about this rule and i think its stupid anyway...
maybe in 6 month its needed and starts to showup to many tracks or not :$ but til then, lift/bend this rule. :|

Instead of freaking out just go here.
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/view/1522
..wasn't me
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem