Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Underrated of the week 
Underrated of the week
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Underrated of the week  
This idea is to help us find underrated tracks.

What about an recommend button that i can click if i feel the map deserv some more attention and if map has less than x awards, and after x click on that button the track get in the uotw. :) (underrated of the week)

same as "recomend a track" but much better. :)

I have another idea 8-|

Most popular map =most /submit replay/comments/award.
short sad, most activity....
this make tracks go classic faster when its possible. :$
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

I think it's easy enough to get into botw now, so since getting x clicks = getting x awards, it's not needed ^^ i'd rather like to see botw with 20 entries on main page...
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
I think it's easy enough to get into botw now, so since getting x clicks = getting x awards, it's not needed ^^ i'd rather like to see botw with 20 entries on main page...

agree with the 20 track idea, but the uotw has nothing to do with the botw. :p
uotw = show most underrated tracks. I would love to see this idea in the future.

Btw: if 9 have clicked underrated button the track should have 9 award from the same 9 user if not its DQ for the uotw.. becouse than the underrate click is fake.. i think you know what i mean by that....

The underrated button appear after you awarded the track this means you must give an award before you can click. :)
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

The problem I see is that you can't say, if a track is underrated in it's first week. I often see tracks that get recommended a few hours after they were uploaded. Of course tracks that were uploaded for a moment don't have many awards, many people seem to forget that.

I can award a track that was released a few moments ago and say "this track totally deserves more than 1 award!". So I click the "underrated"-button to show the track to other people. At the end of the week the track has 20+ awards, not because I rated it "underrated", but because it just was released when I awarded it.

I don't think it's possible to say a track is underrated in it's first week, it needs some time to show how popular the track will get and then you can say, if a track is underrated or not, but not in it's first week.
Moped Racer

Okey that is true, what if the button appear only after 2 or 4 weeks, after submit. ?
got the feeling that you sad this idea to me in your text ^it feelt like it anyway whan i read it. ;)

What about my other idea, most activity at a track list, to speed up the classic feature. ?
Beetle Racer

I think it's not a good idea to include comments. Everyone is able to comment a track as often as he want to, even the author himself. And for the replays exist the track value, for the awards... well, the awards. :d

I'm not sure, if it's really necessary or helpful to include such a filter.
Moped Racer

+1 kruemelyeti (any possibility to shorten your nickname?^^)

for uotw I'd have a suggestion - show the button only for tracks with less than 10 awards + released a week ago or earlier. so new tracks and tracks which got some awards don't appear in uotw (: awards/time limit could be another.

e/ so it's not underrated of the week anymore^^ maybe underrated of previous week? lol.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

you can say "kruemel" or "yeti", both is ok for me. :p
Moped Racer

Maybe a rating system? =p

This way you can boost new tracks... If a track has a few votes=awards, but those votes has a high rating...

I love to see new ideas, but there's some OLD ideas that work nice everywhere (but here) and those ideas were dismised.

So... Do you really think someday we will see some changues in this "perfect system"?

Quad Bike Racer

DeMeNs says:
So... Do you really think someday we will see some changues in this "perfect system"?

=p Far from perfect. 8-|

btw: Maybe Forzyy works on the Shootmania site at the same time. ?
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem