Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Mandatory update? :S 
Mandatory update? :S
Page: 1 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer
Mandatory update? :S  
I would like to thank you for game makers eye opening. It showed what now really is unprecedented. Update it had anything to add or improve, remove any errors, etc. This update sent to f*** the whole game and it still speak politely. I recommend to all players this "update" to ignore. It almost seems that Ubisoft wants to dispose of TM2. Place the new environment that promises only come with long loading, the new menu from which I am just sick and a few blocks to the editor. It is not usable because of this strange version of the game is not compatible unlimiter. So deleting Canyon and return to United, at least those still alive. Sorry thrown money at such s***. Sorry for bad English, but perhaps a bit to understand what I meant. : ( +o( :s
Last edited by eyebo,
Learner Driver

i still don't get what's so hard to understand about an alpha/beta phase. i'd love to know what the heck did you expect from a work-in-progress update.

back in the days players were happy to betatest stuff. now it's mostly all about a bunch of silly selfish kids who want everything ready right here and right now.*
bah.

*speaking about the posts on maniaplanet forum as well.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

md said all I guess. Btw, it's the the TM2Unlimiter's problem to be not working with the new version. The Unlimiter has to go after the game, and not the game after the Unlimer. If you can't deal with it, you shouldn't use updates at all.
Beetle Racer

From what i read over at maniaplanet forums i can understand people get angry at the new update.

They had just around 3 days in the closed alpha before they released it to the public with many bugs here and there, many not fixed yet as far as i know.
Someone said:
... says:
Three full days of testing maniaplanet with some dozens alpha testers and then punishing and bohering the whole community with an alphalike piece of software which had like 20 updates and fixes in the first 12 hours after release???

Sorry thats fail and not even beta stadium. i would rather call Maniaplanet 2 alpha!

So we get more or less an little tested alpha version in this mandatory update version 2.

Maybe not that bad, but still i can understand very well the anger.
Also those who wished to downgrade to version 1 (myself included) had to download 1.1gig version at slow speeds because maniaplanet server was terrible slow that day at least(i got only 40-80kb/s from the server, took me + 6hours to download version 1).

When you go to http://www.trackmania.com/ and want to get the game and pay/install it, there is little word of it being a alpha/beta test release, correct me if i'm wrong.
Last edited by Falkers,
G-kart Racer

md says:
i still don't get what's so hard to understand about an alpha/beta phase. i'd love to know what the heck did you expect from a work-in-progress update.

back in the days players were happy to betatest stuff. now it's mostly all about a bunch of silly selfish kids who want everything ready right here and right now.*
bah.

*speaking about the posts on maniaplanet forum as well.

What really bothers me is that we are forced to update to an obviously unfinished beta version
· · · – – – · · ·

I just finished reading most of the 18 pages on this topic last night, and then I discovered the post at the top of this topic expressing some discontent as well. And it's really too much for me. I had to write something. I have to get this off my chest. It's like a weight I can no longer bear.

----

The negativity, ingratitude, and general lack of comprehension by the majority of the community these past few days is crushing me beneath its weight.

For the love of the game (I really do enjoy driving and building tracks), and out of respect for what Nadeo is trying to build for the future... I'm not leaving, for now. But I question whether it's the community that is even keeping me here anymore. I'm not sure it is. I wish it were. There's a lot of really great people in the community that I've met over the past few years, but the negative people tend to sour the whole thing, sadly. It pains me to see people disrespect Nadeo's hard work. Sure, they're not perfect, but they should be treated with more respect for developing our favorite game of all time. I just don't see that respect being expressed by most people anymore.

We of course tend to see the past through rose colored glasses. I know the period between 2008-2010 when I first got active with the TM community wasn't all milk and cookies. But there does feel like there's been a general change in the mood among a lot of players.

I really hope people start to change their attitudes in the coming weeks/months.

This is supposed to be fun. And indeed it is, when you actually stop whining and complaining on the forums and go play the game, like I did last night. Some will say, "well that's nice, but some of us can't play the game anymore and the download is too slow". Well man up! I was downloading 1GB files on dialup in 1999. Did I complain? No. It was gratifying to wait a week and finally finish downloading the file! It's called patience. I've heard it's a virtue.

I just wish people would loosen up a little.

Of course Nadeo welcomes constructive feedback. Indeed, we have to tell about the bugs we find in the proper beta forums so that Nadeo can fix them.

We should all want the game to get better. And we'd be deluding ourselves to say there's nothing wrong at all. But buying an evolving game like Canyon is no different than a lot of other games out there right now. It's not some unusual thing. This is how games are made now. People get involved with them, in the development process. And we can have a direct impact on how the game ends up. That's not bad, that's awesome! We can have a say in making the game how we want it to be. If you don't like that, then go buy a game from 1995.

Acting as if ManiaPlanet 2.0 going into beta phase is the end of the world as we know it is just... not helpful... not to mention inaccurate.

This day has been a long time coming. Some of us have waited two years or longer. We're finally here, and it's an exciting time! ManiaPlanet is making it's first steps towards becoming the diverse game platform that will make it grow with more environments and bring in thousands of new players.

Sing a happy song, click your heels and go play some LOL maps ! :d

----

I really questioned whether I should submit this post or not. I hope I'm not contributing to a negative atmosphere by posting it. But I really needed to express my discontent with how people are behaving. In the end, I still love you guys! (l) And I know you only rage in the forums because you love the game too. :s
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Falkers says:
They had just around 3 days in the closed alpha before they released it to the public with many bugs here and there, many not fixed yet as far as i know.

This is inaccurate. We had the new ManiaPlanet since May 21 to test. Over a month.

What we had only a few days was Canyon. It wasn't our primary target for testing anyway. That was Storm. Still, we tested it like crazy and reported tons of bugs, many of which weren't able to get fixed in time for the Beta to start. But many others were fixed. The rest will get fixed during the Beta I'm sure. At least the important ones will.
Site Leader

I nearly complained about all the people leaving the community because it's changed, only making it that much harder for the positive newcomers (and I daresay I am one myself) to stick it out and help it to it's former glory, but then I read the last paragraph.
If Nadeo had waited another year or two to release maniaplanet as a much more completed game, the community might have transcribed between the games a lot better . . . but that's a might. Instead they took the liberty of giving one of the most developed online communities ever the opportunity to play it's new games from the moment they have something playable, expecting constructive feedback so they can progress positively in the eyes of their customers. If Nadeo had completed the game and released everything right when there was nothing left to be done, it would be a perfect game . . . in the eyes of 26-something (I don't know what it is currently) Parisian game developers, but they sacrificed their wants for the community's.
And a lot of other negative reactions I feel come from the fact that half of the things Nadeo do are brand-new concepts. Maniaplanet is the first ever full program to contain and be able to launch multiple games from inside
I hope I'm not over-reiterating, but on other notes, be resourceful. If you didn't want the update, click cancel as it loaded the page. If you wanted to reinstall the original, use the original download method, the email confirmation order.
Moped Racer

The community is still worth fighting for! (y) I'm glad you're with us cxomtdoh! :d
Site Leader

eyebo says:
The community is still worth fighting for! (y)

Of course it is. (l)
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem