Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  With MP 2 Update i can't start tracks downloaded here. 
With MP 2 Update i can't start tracks downloaded here.
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
With MP 2 Update i can't start tracks downloaded here.  
Downloading a track here on mania-exchange.com and load it up with the new Maniaplanet 2 Updated.exe version result in game try to load but just quits to desktop, same thing when i try to use Install & Play link.
To test tracks i need to manually place them in my map folder and then start game and load from there in local play.

I have both Maniaplanet 1 and 2 installed, tried pointing the track file to open in each exe version but same problem.

Others having this problem?

Wish i never updated, to much frustration/bugs so far with the update.
G-kart Racer

:done: Fixed

Messed up when installing, i had shared folder for the personal files, anyway i think that was the problem seeing i had maniaplanet 1 and 2 installed but shared personal folder.

Removed everything, saved my maps and custom stuff/skins, did clean install with version 1 and.... sweet! everything is back working again :)

See no point in installing version 2 again, so will wait for that to come out off early beta stages.

G-kart Racer

As per usual Nadeo / Ubisoft have released yet another update and ruined the whole gaming experience. [...] They do it in every version of the game....... Now I have to remove it all and do a clean install.
Last edited by eyebo,
Learner Driver

Please watch the language Santino. I'd rather not have to do my job. :p

For the issue at hand....

I have this code saved to a text file named "OpenWithTM2.cmd" and saved to my ManiaPlanet folder.

Code:
@echo off

echo .

echo Loading track into Trackmania2

echo (%1)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ManiaPlanet\ManiaPlanet.exe" /title=TMCanyon /useexedir /singleinst /file=%1

if errorlevel 0 echo Done.

if errorlevel 1 echo Problem loading map.

exit

With it, you can right click a GBX file...
"Open with..."
Find this file and, if you like, you can choose to have Windows always open MP2.0 with it.

Then in the future you can double click any Canyon GBX file and it'll open it properly in MP2.0, without crashing.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Thanks eyebo but not 100% sure how to use that, but will mby try (y)

Just want to add for other maybe reading this that you can have both version 1 and 2 installed, you just have to make sure you install them on different locations on your computer :)

Fullclient ManiaPlanet Old Version 1: http://files.maniaplanet.com/setups/Maniaplanet1TMCanyonSetup.exe
Fullclient ManiaPlanet Update Version 2: http://files.maniaplanet.com/setups/ManiaplanetTMCanyonSetup.exe

It's safer to open new track files downloaded here in version 2, because as far as i can tell if they where made in version 2 you will get the "You do not have the '_Unassigned' collection" error if you try opening it in version 1.

Side note: Due to minimum light intensity is now in version 2 set higher(brighter) than in version 1, dark areas will not look the way it is supposed to on tracks played in version 2, it's been said this will be fixed in next version(unsure when that is). Source
Example picture from my latest track Enterprise: As seen in version 1 - As seen in version 2.
G-kart Racer

... says:
version 2 you will get the "You do not have the '_Unassigned' collection" error if you try opening it in version 1.
:) 100% correct. I had to uninstall then re-install. (I hope the upgrade works this time....) =p

thank you eyebo for your kind and sincere words of wisdom.
Last edited by Santino,
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem