Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  Firefox problem? 
Firefox problem?
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Firefox problem?  
Some 2-3 weeks ago i started experience slow downs when browsing site here in my favorite browser Firefox.
Seems at random it just sits there loading but can't connect, can last for 10sec to 1min and then it loads page again.
I started to think it could be something with the routing to the site, maybe there was a connection problem.

Just now when browsing site it happen again several times, but this time while Firefox where loading trying to get connected i opened Google chrome and could browse site with no problems, tested this two times now, Firefox stops and just hangs there "loading" while in the same time Chrome works fine and loads every page on here that i ask it to do.

Could there be a script problem or something that Firefox don't like on site here, thus resulting it to behave like this?
Others having this problem or is it just me?
G-kart Racer

Falkers says:

Others having this problem .....?

No! I also surf every day with the firefox (Ver. 14.0.1) here on this site.
I surf on 4 differents machines, with 3 differents providers and have no problems with firefox on TMX.

Greetz
ymce

Old Age Caravanner

I have also firefox, and I noticed that sometimes the site won't load when I have like 4 or 5 MX tabs (or more) open. Not sure if it's really the reason, but for me it seems so.
Beetle Racer

It's the same problem in Chrome too.
If you have 4-5 tabs open, it's VERY slow.

Edit to clarify: It's 4-5 tabs with MX open. Not 4-5 tabs in total :p
Last edited by chuckie,
Does it djent?

quite same here, often MX just stops loading, after few seconds/minutes it's okay again.

another loading bug - from SGS2 (opera mobile), when I post a message anywhere on MX forums, the next page (after the one with "continue" button) doesn't load. so I have to close the tab and open MX again, that's quite annoying.

e/ right after I posted this message, I went back to forums, opened few tabs, and it couldn't load again for ~3 minutes. meanwhile SMX was alright.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

chuckie says:
It's the same problem in Chrome too.
If you have 4-5 tabs open, it's VERY slow.

Edit to clarify: It's 4-5 tabs with MX open. Not 4-5 tabs in total :p

+1
I've always had to make sure I had less than 4 tabs with MX open or else the pages load very slowly.
Site Leader

I have similar problem.
FF 14.0.1
I can make about 10 clicks on the page, page views, then suddenly will not load the page.
I close FF and come back again and I can make about 10 clicks / page views, then again at the end.
This is for about 14 days of the event.
I always use only one window.
Quad Bike Racer

Slow for me too. I'll look into it.
Deep fried

It's starting to be a pain to browse site here now for me, to many 'freezes'.

It happens also when i have just one window open(but more so if 1 extra tab open for site here), 4-8 page views and it goes into "connecting", if i just quit firefox and open it up again it will load up site again just fine right away, if not it can sit there for more than 1 min connecting.
G-kart Racer

I have a suspicion it's our SingalR library (the library we use for real-time functionality). I'll look into updating the library and do a few other things.

Keep in mind these issues aren't going to be resolved overnight. ;)
Deep fried
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem