Location: Home  Community Forums  General  It IS possible ! ! ! (Mod in ingame and downloaded maps...) 
It IS possible ! ! ! (Mod in ingame and downloaded maps...)
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
It IS possible ! ! ! (Mod in ingame and downloaded maps...)  
I have been asking for this features since I bought Canyon, and today I discovered, by accident, its there ! ! ! But I have no idea how to make it... It all happened by, as I said, by accident.... I was helping the sister of Rhona, who happened to have down's syndrome, to build a track, since she start to enjoy trackmania as well as the rest of her family... So as I loaded the advanced track building, with a mod, it all turned out to be to advanced for her after all... so I started the simple one for her, and cannot remember seeing the mod there... but since that also turned out to be to advanced for her, I just decided to start an in-game track for her to race.... And to my surprise, the in-game track (A05) started with the mod ! ! ! ! So then, I was thinking; I will see if a downloaded track will also start with the mod, and it did ! ! ! As a evidence, I took a screenshot;

And here is the screenshot from the in-game track;

So my BIG question is; How the f**** is this possible ? ? ? I tried to replicate it on my own computer, but to no success..... Did the same stuff, as far as I can remember it, but to no avail...... Rhonas computer is just right next to me, and I can load any track I like, and it comes up with that mod..... Anyone wiser than me can give an explanation ? ? ? Hylis ? ? ?
Moped Racer

Read the whole thing through, and was very curious. It sounds likes a neat feature, if it were ever to be incorporated into the game intentionally. I had no clue how it was done, but I started to reason. Is it possible that the default textures were replaced with the mod's? Or can you load a track on Rhona's with the default textures as well?
Moped Racer

I think that's a bug, just somehow default mod gets replaced in memory with the last one.
Zimmer Racer

I did somehting like this by accident back in my TMS days when i was still figuring out the game. I was just getting started in mods and I had no idea how they worked so instead of making a folder for the mods I took all the files and pasted then over the games' default textures. It was cool for a bit, but it soon bacame a real pain because it was always in the mods textures, and I had chosen kinda a crummy mod.... :p Anyway, I really don't recommend this because in the end I had to re-install the whole game and my tracks got corrupted and all sorts of really annoying stuff. As for what happened to you, I am sure that is was some sort of bug of some kind and any amount of factors could have added up to cause it, programs running in the background, the mod itself, or even the track you were working on at the time. My suggestion is just to enjoy the games' default textures, Nadeo made them that way for a reason...
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem