Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!] 
MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!]
Page: 8 of 11
Post Reply  0 Observer

good question!
Will there be an MTC december? :s
gado is a

i hope so...
Beetle Racer

Unfortunately I don't have any time to do any hosting this week or the one after. Next year I can spend more time here, but not this month. I'll have a chat with Kekx, but I'm afraid he's really busy right now too. Sorry guys! I'm pretty confident about there being an MTC January though.

This is a silly idea, but if you guys need inspiration, I can quickly make up a theme tomorrow. It won't be an MTC, there won't be judging. But I'll post it in the Projects&Competitions forum.
Back in action!

What is this "Hosting" you speak of?

You don't need to provide room, connectivity, catering, accomodation, or capacity.
The ORGANIZER of MTC just needs to select a theme and describe it in such a way that he does not then need to spend 5 more days explaining all the unclear details to confused builders (to be fair, the builders are sometimes asking questions which show they haven't read the rules nor given them proper thought).

In other words, Organizing MTC needs maybe 1 hour to start, then maybe 1 hour to find judges (I would like to once again propose the system that winners of one round should act as judges soon after -- because if they have dozens of hours to build, they surely have couple hours to judge), and a bit of time to make sure deadlines are met.

But most importantly, MTC needs attention. This is not the first time we have to ask "what's up with MTC?" in order to get any response; somehow I would expect whoever takes MTC as "theirs" to be proactive and tell us up-front that there are reasons there will be no MTC in a given month. Letting us know on 3rd or 4th of a month is a bit late.

Please think about the problems of MTC and either do something about it, or step down as the owner and let someone else take over.
Moped Racer

true that. if you can't (but seriously, you can't find a free hour in a week? and you're even two with kekx), let others do it.
Zimmer Racer

... says:
Organizing MTC needs maybe 1 hour to start, then maybe 1 hour to find judges

1h to start and 1h to find judges :| , hahahahaha, if it is to say that you should better keep quiet, you probably have a lot of free time but not Ville and Kekx.
It's too easy to criticize but not so easy to find solutions, no ?
As usual there are always people who criticize but I prefer to say thank you Ville and Kekx for host all these MTC since years !

... says:
(I would like to once again propose the system that winners of one round should act as judges soon after -- because if they have dozens of hours to build, they surely have couple hours to judge), and a bit of time to make sure deadlines are met.

And once again you have very narrow ideas, its not possible to do that !

Anyway let someone else take over can be a solution ;)
Last edited by Snip'thib,
Learner Driver

when I was organizing Duo Tracks Contest on TMNFX, it took me an hour to write entry post and 30 minutes to find TWELVE judges. and ville usually finds 2 or 3. so numbers are right.
Zimmer Racer

Snip'thib says:
(lot's of words with no substance)

Don't tell me to shut up. You're free to provide opinion, but do NOT attack others.
Moped Racer

maybe all that participate can vote on the tracks.. (that makes us all judges ^^)

Like in eurovision song contest (l)

but we need a theme :-w
Beetle Racer

Alcator says:

Don't tell me to shut up. You're free to provide opinion, but do NOT attack others.

Yep sorry for that ;)

what I meant was that it would be better to find a solution with ville rather than to explain to host a mtc takes 2 hours !!!
Try to find so many theme, many judges and during years, not too easy in my opinion
Last edited by Snip'thib,
Learner Driver
Page: 8 of 11 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem