Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!] 
MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!]
Page: 5 of 11
Post Reply  0 Observer

@pjw: It's not allowed. The challenge is to build the scenery nice-looking as well without going off the limits. :)
Back in action!

Ville says:
@pjw: It's not allowed. The challenge is to build the scenery nice-looking as well without going off the limits. :)

I realize it's important to keep the build areas simple and square-ish to make it easy to see that it's unchanged, and no one has violated the rules; I don't see any reason why this should apply to the distant scenery.

A big square hole in the ground is never going to look nice (realistic, normal). It's just going to look like something artificial from a game. Seems like an odd limitation, when a nicer look in the distance wouldn't affect the track area at all.

Disappointing. Oh well.
Last edited by pjw,
Track Slacker

pjw says:
Ville says:

I realize it's important to keep the build areas simple and square-ish to make it easy to see that it's unchanged, and no one has violated the rules; I don't see any reason why this should apply to the distant scenery.

A big square hole in the ground is never going to look nice (realistic, normal). It's just going to look like something artificial from a game. Seems like an odd limitation, when a nicer look in the distance wouldn't affect the track area at all.

Disappointing. Oh well.

Well then your challenge is to hide the background as much as possible! ;)
Learner Driver

5 days left to submit your track!
Back in action!

I worked on my gps today and unfortunately I found that the result (gps with classic default camera) is absolutely horrible in comparison to the gps on trackmania united...

In fact, the camera seems not to be "continued" (as when we drive the map) but with some jolts after jumps or turns...

Is this normal ?
Last edited by Red Shreder,
Learner Driver

Do you mean that the cam has shattered movements / is unflowy ? Switch the camera position and see if it helps.
Moped Racer

@ red shredder:
the reason is the following: The principle of inserting a ghost is different to TMU.
In TMU you drove a time and saved the replay and inserted in into MT.
In TM2 this makes these weird camera movements, if u mean these.

You must go in MT on the "rec" symbol (I think it is down-left) and drive the ghost with it.
This ghost you take and I think you have to take Default camera on the ghost. Not Behind camera, this also bugs I think.
;)
Moped Racer

Ahh ok, don't know it works like that on TM², thank you marius (y)

Voyager006 says:
Do you mean that the cam has shattered movements / is unflowy ? Switch the camera position and see if it helps.

Yes unflowy exactly.
And these weird movements disappear if I use the camera "behind" instead of the "default" camera...

But I'll try and do with this "rec" symbol anaway, and I hope it gonna work properly :)
Learner Driver

DerKleine says:
Alcator says:
BTW -- why are the islands in all the maps so close to each other? There is not a single full tile of distance between them, making any kind of tunnel entrance impossible :-(

You're not allowed to have anything connecting the two islands, so if I understand your post correctly what you're trying to do (connect the two islands with a tunnel/bridge exiting a tunnel) is not allowed anyway

No, I wanted to have a disconnected cliff-side tunnel entrance and "jump" into it from the other island (or vice versa). But it's not possible to place there, because of the other island being too close.

Nevermind, just something to think about next time a "preset" theme is done.
Moped Racer

pjw says:

Disappointing. Oh well.

Real life has big square holes in the ground.

Also, you can place walls on the edge of the island.
Moped Racer
Page: 5 of 11 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem