Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Could someone buy Skyrim for me? 
Could someone buy Skyrim for me?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Could someone buy Skyrim for me?  
Hello, everyone,

the company Cenega struck an exclusivity deal with Bethesda which means I cannot buy Skyrim on Steam, GreenManGaming or anywhere, except "brick and mortar" shops, but in those the game is badly overpriced. Before Christmas, the Steam sale will start once again, and I expect Skyrim to become available for 20$ - 25$ during that time.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to buy the game and send it to me over Steam; in exchange, I'd similarly donate some other game of your choice at approx. the same price which you were planning to get.

Please reply to this thread if you'd be willing to do this for me - thank you!
Moped Racer

I googled up this matter, and found a Steam forums post by you concerning it. On there, I also noticed a reply which stated:

Blackart (Steam Forums) says:
No, he can't buy games in other country because Steam have regional restrictions, and will not allow to register a game key from other region. It's a real shame Cenega have monopoly on Skyrim (and other Bethesda games) so i can't buy it on Steam.

With that in mind, are you sure this will work? I wouldn't mind helping you out, but it would be a sad surprise in case it didn't.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

broadsword says:
I googled up this matter, and found a Steam forums post by you concerning it. On there, I also noticed a reply which stated:

Blackart (Steam Forums) says:
No, he can't buy games in other country because Steam have regional restrictions, and will not allow to register a game key from other region. It's a real shame Cenega have monopoly on Skyrim (and other Bethesda games) so i can't buy it on Steam.

With that in mind, are you sure this will work? I wouldn't mind helping you out, but it would be a sad surprise in case it didn't.

Donations are not affected by region lock. The only thing that is forbidden is (for me) to eg. use VPN to temporarily pretend that I am in USA or Germany or elsewhere, and buy it on my own account. But Steam does not block it if "a friend" buys the game and sends it via steam to someone.
Moped Racer

Well then, I presume I'll send it to Steam user Alcator in that case. And would that be only the game itself, or DLCs Hearthfire and Dawnguard as well?
Moped Racer

Thank you, broadsword, I've sent you a private message, I think we'll agree on the details in private.

Moped Racer

OK, this has now been finalized, we've had a very fruitful deal this week. Thank you so much, Broadsword!
Moped Racer

My pleasure, Alcator!
Moped Racer

Great to see the community helping each other out like this! (y)
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem