Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  How do i convert and add all my old tracks from trackmania s... 
How do i convert and add all my old tracks from trackmania stadium 1 to trackmania stadium 2
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
How do i convert and add all my old tracks from trackmania stadium 1 to trackmania stadium 2  
some help would be much apprecited :)
Learner Driver

You need to recompute shadows in the tm2 track editor so I've heard.
Learner Driver

... in other words -- take your old map, put it in ManiaPlanet's map folder (where appropriate), open the track in MP's track editor, validate, compute shadows.
Moped Racer

You don't need to validate. :) Just re-save it with computed shadows.

Alternatively, you can copy a bunch of TM1 Stadium tracks to your "My Maps" folder and then use a batch command to compute shadows on all of them at the same time. More info about that in this topic:

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?p=139476#p139476

How can you tell whether a map has lightmaps (has been converted for TM2) already or not?
One of the easiest ways is looking at the filesize. Maps with a lightmap included will be in the triple digits in KBs. Maps from TM1 without lightmaps included will be in the double digits in KBs.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem