Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Ladder Points & rank 
Ladder Points & rank
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Ladder Points & rank  
Maybe it's pretty late to ask such a question after playing TM for so many years, but:
does a player who has more Ladder Points automatically have a higher rank than another player with lower LP?
Or is there a way to have more LP and a lower rank then somebody else?
:$

I hope you understand the question...
Thanks in advance
Hans
:d
Beetle Racer

If you have more LP than someone, then your rank will be better in the world.

But I think maybe you're asking this because of the new continental rankings.

The continental rankings are based on continents... Europe, North america, etc. So, for instance, a European player might have more LP than me, but I might a have better ranking within North America than he does in Europe, just because there are less players here in North America.

Your ranking in the world is no longer shown under your name when you hit "tab" in-game. It now shows only your continental ranking.
Site Leader

Thank you very much eyebo! (y)

:d :d :d
Beetle Racer

I have another question:

You always lose LP because nobody can have 10000 LP.
You get Planets for every 1000 LP you gain.
So I guess there must be a total amount of LP??
So is there a current and a total LP?
:$
Beetle Racer

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but if you go under your buddies' multiplayer rankings you can still see your world rank.
Moped Racer

The higher your LP, the more people are fighting their way up the ladder to get the most points and get the best rank. You have to play in the RoC (Race of Champions) on Sundays to gain those last precious points to get to #1 (100000 LP).

It is possible to lose LP, especially if you have a lot of points, and if you aren't actively trying to keep gaining it. The people at highest risk of losing LP are those with the most.

For instance, in TMUF I was once at around 78000 LP. I'm now at 67231 LP. For the most part, the Canyon multiplayer ladder works in much the same way.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

My second question was aiming at the connection of Planets and LP. For example:

You have 5999 LP. Then you gain 2 LP (=6001). Now you get Planets for reaching a 1000 LP mark. You wait some days and your LP drop to 5999 again. Then you play another time, gaining 5 LP (=6004). Now you reached 1000 LP again. If there would be only one counter for LP you would get Planets again for reaching 1000 LP. So you could get new Planets almost every day, when staying around a 1000 mark, what doesn't really make sense.
So my guess is, that there is another (invisible?) counter for LP that does not get reduced over the time, so that you only get Planets when really gaining a total amout of 1000 LP and not everytime for crossing a mark with three zeros (like from 5999 LP to 6001 LP again and again).

I hope this is a bit easier to understand. Theres a lot of numbers and LPs and Planets, so I wouldn't mind explaining it another time if you don't get my question.
:)
Last edited by Hans Holo,
Beetle Racer

I've never gained planets multiple times for passing the same LP mark, so yeah. Then again, I'm not sure I ever lost much in Canyon. I've never tried for a very high rank.

But I would imagine that Nadeo must keep track of that somehow so that you're not gaining planets over and over for the same thresholds.
Site Leader

They do. I believe it's happened to me before. I didn't get any additional planets. It's likely just a counter to remember your highest LP, as you said.
Moped Racer

Thank you guys very much for your answers. (l)
If anybody else has a real "proof", please let me know...
:)

PS:
eyebo says:

But I think maybe you're asking this because of the new continental rankings.

Who cares about regional ranking? One cool thing in TM is, that you can let some guy from Australia eat your dust.
World domination or nothing else!
(says the german dude)
;)
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem