Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Hello and Goodbye 
Hello and Goodbye
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Hello and Goodbye  
Hello all, I'm fairly new to MX , but not all that new to track making (at least 4 months or so).

But some things sometimes don't work out .. buddha gave me a really bad comment on my first track posted... so no more from me. :)

Hope you guys keep things going. Good job done (y)
Learner Driver

Don't worry about it. We've all gotten bad comments on our tracks,, shouldn't stop you from making new ones :)

And you really shouldn't let one guy ruin your experience here. Being a douche to beginners is hardly a common trait amongst the people here :)
· · · – – – · · ·

for once I can say without doubt that nobody cares. I can't even check your track to see if buddha's comment made sense. bye.
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
for once I can say without doubt that nobody cares.

I think we should care (and do). Losing new players because of some bad comments is pretty sad.

@chintsa: Please don't get discouraged by that. On my first TM1 tracks I got many bad comments (involving very bad language). I tried to listen to the comments and improved my building style, ending up with hundreds of awards for my newer tracks. But there will always be people who don't like the most magnificient track and comment it with foul language. I don't know what comment you got, but many bad comments are just honest opinions from people who want to help you improve your style. You kinda have to find out to whom to listen and what people should be ignored (a "that's shxt" comment should be ignored for sure...).

Maybe you let your next track be beta-tested before release:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/s/ft/1840

I can't know if your track was bad or good, I just want to say that this might happen to every track. Just don't give a damn about bad comments, listen to honest feedback and keep on building.

Hans
:d
Beetle Racer

yo WHAT THE FUCK

sit down and listen, son

you do not make good tracks straight away. it takes a lot of work and it takes a lot of harsh criticism, like what buddha probably gave you. my original tracks sucked (you can find most of them on TMOX). I suppose I didn't get as harshly lampooned for making a bad track back then, because the standards weren't what they are today. Just work and you will become great at track building. and one additional piece of advice... to quote -32-, because it's one of the best things i've ever heard anyone say about the game: "always build tracks for yourself, not for others." so when I say work, I mean keep making tracks that you enjoy and you will realize your own mistakes. you don't always have to listen to criticism, although some of it can be quite valid.
Moped Racer

Space says:
for once I can say without doubt that nobody cares.

Maybe you should you don't care. I bet most of us, like me, do. :)
Lagoon yay!

care about every newbie who gets a negative comment and transforms it into cry-bye thread? no, thanks.

and, "last active: 12-mar-2013". he won't read this thread anyway. now I don't get at all why he started this...
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Space, are you even listening to yourself?
What is wrong with you?
Last edited by basbaas»LT,
G-kart Racer

I do; nothing is wrong.
Zimmer Racer

Listen to IronDragons. He speaks truth. Ignore the rest of the noise. Track building is way too fun to let a few off hand comments ruin it for you or to stop you from building. It IS worth it to keep building and to keep sharing. No one is a perfect builder overnight.

And Space, don't you dare reply to me and say he'll never read it. It's only been a few days.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem