Movie tutorial
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Movie tutorial  
Hi all.

I see a lot of great movies here on MX.

But is there an tutorial of how to make movies with trackmania ?

thanks.
Learner Driver

Do you mean videos for posting to YouTube and TM-Tube?

Or do you mean the cameras that play while playing the game when watching intros and replay cameras?
Site Leader

Aren't they the same thing, for the most part?

Mt tutorials. Since Mania-Creative closed, I don't know where. Maybe the official forums?
Moped Racer

eyebo says:
Do you mean videos for posting to YouTube and TM-Tube?

Or do you mean the cameras that play while playing the game when watching intros and replay cameras?

Yes , videos to post on Youtube.
I've seen there such good stuff. ( Some guy named: eyebo , has some good movies there :p )

But I can not find a good tutorial , and yes ManiaCreative is closed.

I can save a replay , and then .........

I do not have expensive editor programs , just you know.

I just need a good kick in the right direction.

Thanks.
Learner Driver

No, 90 percent of the editing can just be done in the MediaTracker editor in game. Unfortunately, I don't know any good tutorials anymore.

Sorry I can't be of much help.
Moped Racer

phantom says:

I do not have expensive editor programs , just you know.

I just need a good kick in the right direction.

Thanks.

Well, my advice would be to take a nice replay of a fairly short track and then to open it in the replay editor. The best way to learn is by experimenting! Try to get a feeling for the camera blocks, just by experimenting. It's fairly straighforward. :)
Try every setting, to learn their effects and after you feel confident with them, try to make a visually pleasing edit! Using blurs, fx effects, slow motions and light trails there are already plenty of possibilities to give the video an extra touch.

To upload on youtube, simply use the ingame video shooter and use Windows movie maker or freeware for eventual edits.

Tutorials will help you overcome some difficulties of the editor, but that's it. You still need to experiment and learn it yourself.
Old Age Caravanner

Ok , thanks for quick responce.

I will experiment with some tracks, see if I can make a good movie.

Learner Driver

An easy way to make a first video (overview):

- Make an outro in the track-editor:
put triggers (green transparent blocks) in the driving-line, assign a camera to every trigger (by editing the trigger)

- Drive the track and save the replay

- Open Replay in the replay-editor (here you could again change the cameras or add music...whatever)
press the avi/movie button at the upper left to "produce" the video

You do not need any additional software.
It might look like this (here I also put several replays together):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8vBqKEb0w

But I have to warn you, that the Media-Tracker can be a real b*tch when you don't know exactly what to do.
I always have to struggle with the most simple stuff. Maybe that's why I always do my videos like that.
Hope this helps a little...
Hasn't anyone got a backup of a Mania-Creative tutorial?
:d
Beetle Racer

Sadly there is a bug right now when recording the ghosts argh we need a fix asap NADEO
CHECK OUT MY LINK
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/2134/whats-up-with-ghosts?page=-1

I have just tried using a programme called Fraps but got the shock of my like 20s later nearly 1gb WTF
No way will i use that to make video's ;)
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

wraith says:
Sadly there is a bug right now when recording the ghosts argh we need a fix asap NADEO
CHECK OUT MY LINK
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/2134/whats-up-with-ghosts?page=-1

I have just tried using a programme called Fraps but got the shock of my like 20s later nearly 1gb WTF
No way will i use that to make video's ;)

Wraith, in TM1 there was a save shortcut, it usually was 's'. Not sure if tm2 has it as well, but i assume it has it. Use this feature to save replays that don't finish the track and/or those that start on other blocks than the start. Do this in the track editor, so open a track press enter and position the blue startbubble to start driving. Hit the save shortcut to save. Now you can open the replay in the replay editor. Edit it as you like and use TM's built-in videorecorder. :)
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem