Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MSC September 2013 - VALLEY KEY UP FOR GRABS 
MSC September 2013 - VALLEY KEY UP FOR GRABS
Page: 1 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer
MSC September 2013 - VALLEY KEY UP FOR GRABS  
Welcome to the Monthly Screenshot Contest, September 2013, hosted by Ville and Tuta!

In the MSC your job is to make a screenshot within the given theme. You should use TrackMania to take the shot, but you can edit in whatever way you wish. Anyone can enter the competition!

Below are the rules of this month. You have to follow these rules in order to qualify.

o You may submit one (1) entry.
o All ManiaPlanet titles are allowed. (Valley, Canyon and Stadium, as well as ShootMania: Storm)
o Minimum size for a screen is 800x600 pixels. There is no maximum size.
o Any edits are allowed by the deadline, but you may not change your entry to another once it's been submitted.
o The screen must be sent in the submission thread.
o The deadline is 20th September.
o You may not enter pre-published screens.

Theme

This month's theme: Advertisements! How easily could you sell a car, a mountain, a house - or anything - to fellow Mania Exchangers? This is the right moment to find that out!

Categories will be the following:

Theme (10 points): How well does the advertisement work?
Atmosphere (10 points): The general feel of the screenshot. Angle, colours, effects, etc.
Creativity (5 points): How unique and clever is the idea behind the picture?

Prizes:
To promote participation, we will use two "Prize Pools". It is really quite simple.

If we have less than 15 participants; the prizes will be as follows:

1st Place - 10 000 Planets
2nd Place - 5 000 Planets
3rd Place - 3 000 Planets
4th Place - 1 000 Planets
5th Place - 1 000 Planets

But, if we have 15 or more participants; we have a special treat for you guys:

1st Place - A copy of TrackMania² Valley and 5 000 Planets
2nd Place - 5 000 Planets
3rd Place - 3 000 Planets
4th Place - 2 000 Planets
5th Place - 2 000 Planets

If the winner for some reason wouldn't want the game, he can substitute it for a total prize of 10 000 planets.

If you have any questions, please ask away!

Have fun!

Ville and Tuta in Partnership with Mania Exchange
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

Enter!!!!
· · · – – – · · ·

what envis allowed?
Zimmer Racer

All TM2 Enviroments are allowed :)
Edit: and ShootMania

So all ManiaPlanet Enviroments :)
Last edited by Tuta,
· · · – – – · · ·

Tuta says:
Edit: and ShootMania

Let's try to sell the Mania-dude! ='D
Lagoon yay!

I am a little confused on what is being 'sold'. Would it be something like persuading someone to by a skin/model? Or something like persuading someone to play your map (because to me this would be the same as a screenshot for a map that I made lol)? Anyway, cool idea, I'll make an entry if I have time.

Thanks,
Zack11
Moped Racer

zack11 says:
I am a little confused on what is being 'sold'. Would it be something like persuading someone to by a skin/model? Or something like persuading someone to play your map (because to me this would be the same as a screenshot for a map that I made lol)? Anyway, cool idea, I'll make an entry if I have time.

Thanks,
Zack11

Your job is to make an advertisement about anything. You can do whatever you want - we had this same theme a few years back and there were ads about cars, insurances, movies and so on. You can do whatever you want, it's up to you how you interpret the theme - making an advertisement for a track of yours probably wouldn't bring many creativity points though :)

Open up a newspaper and check the advertisements there to get some inspiration! Sky is the limit ;)
Back in action!

Ville says:
Your job is to make an advertisement about anything. You can do whatever you want - we had this same theme a few years back and there were ads about cars, insurances, movies and so on. You can do whatever you want, it's up to you how you interpret the theme - making an advertisement for a track of yours probably wouldn't bring many creativity points though :)

Open up a newspaper and check the advertisements there to get some inspiration! Sky is the limit ;)

One question: it is a screenshot competition, so the image should be something of a screenshot?

Regards,
Erik

MX Supporter

Yes Erik, the idea is to take a screenshot in the game and edit in whatever way you want. You should take a look at some old MSCs to get the idea :) I'll post a link to the previous ad-competition when I get home.
Back in action!
Page: 1 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem