Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC October 2013 - Verticality - RESULTS on page 3! 
MTC October 2013 - Verticality - RESULTS on page 3!
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

I am making an RPG for my entry, but I wanted to know if length will effect my score. If I make it too long, the judges might become tired, but if its not long enough, it might seem not complete. Its not really an RPG, more of a trial really, and right now it is right around 3 minutes on a perfect run, but probably morel like 10-15 minutes for a first run. Would you doc points if you think it should be shorter/longer? Right now I like the flow, and I think its length is pretty good, but I just wanted to know if you had any thoughts on that.

Thanks,
Zack11
Moped Racer

Alcator says:
Well, IT DEPENDS.

For instance, there is now a track submitted for this round which has a MOD that makes the track very dark and hard to navigate. That, in my opinion, makes the track less fun, so I'd be inclined to give slightly fewer points to the track than without the mod.

That wasn't the mod, that was my awesome idea to add high contrast MT at night. :( I ended up trashing the track lol.
Moped Racer

zack11 says:
Would you doc points if you think it should be shorter/longer? Right now I like the flow, and I think its length is pretty good, but I just wanted to know if you had any thoughts on that.

Zack,

judges are asked to spend around 30 minutes on a track, or, rather, they should not give up before that time. Make sure the track is progressing. If I have to restart from the very beginning every time I make a mistake half way through, then I'm going to be frustrated. If I can return to a nearby checkpoint and just replay a tricky section, then I have no problem with that. Make the track fun, that's the most important thing.
Moped Racer

Okay, thank you! I will see if I can add more CPs, but the map is a 2x2 Tower, and I am not using blockmixing, so I don't have much room to spare^^
Moped Racer

does the track have to be respawnable for the same route or can we use alternate respawn routes?
Learner Driver

Alrie, I think the point of saying that it "must be respawnable" just means that they don't want to have to restart the whole map every time they make a mistake. I think that as long as it is respawnable in some way, it should be fine ;)
Moped Racer

Darn, missed the deadline :/ Just didn't have enough time to finish it. That's ok, I'm still going to upload it to MX. Look for "I Can't Stop!" on MX, coming soon :d
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

zack11 says:
Darn, missed the deadline :/ Just didn't have enough time to finish it. That's ok, I'm still going to upload it to MTC. Look for "I Can't Stop!" on MX, coming soon :d

No! JUST HURRY UP!! Submissions aren't closed till Alcator says so in the submission thread! (brb)
Quad Bike Racer

Really? Ok, I will post it now. I sort of feel like this is cheating, so if this is against the rules, just tell me and I will remove it ;) I don't want to bend the rules again^^
Moped Racer

Submissions are now closed. Judging shall commence as soon as possible.
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem