Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Which editor is better? TM1 or TM2? 
Which editor is better? TM1 or TM2?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Which editor is better? TM1 or TM2?  
so here we go with yet another problem ;
Using the crazily slow TM2 editor I have finally managed, after two days, to create a '16 second' dirt map
I've just posted it and it has not even appeared on the 'Latest tracks list'
does anyone know why ?

[edited by eyebo: changed title to reflect the major topic of discussion in this thread]
Last edited by eyebo,
Learner Driver

Your track is hidden. It doesn't show to anyone except you and moderators. That is why it didn't appear in the latest tracks.

Most people seem to find the TM2 editor a lot better once they learn it, by the way. Are you sure you are not just unfamiliar with the new features?
· · · – – – · · ·

Tuta says:
Most people seem to find the TM2 editor a lot better once they learn it, by the way.

don't talk for "most people", unless you have reliable stats... I could also say that most people find TM2 editor pretty slow and not comfortable to use.

read this post and below: http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=threadshow&id=5642445&postid=5646474#auto
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
Tuta says:
Most people seem to find the TM2 editor a lot better once they learn it, by the way.

don't talk for "most people", unless you have reliable stats... I could also say that most people find TM2 editor pretty slow and not comfortable to use.

read this post and below: http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=threadshow&id=5642445&postid=5646474#auto

I'm only speaking from my own impression of the community here on MX. I can change "most" to "a lot of" if you want to nitpick.

What the retrograding TMN community has to say about it is hardly the statistical proof you are seeking from me.

In my personal opinion, just the ability to move parts of the track makes the TM2 editor outstanding. Whenever I go back to TMU I feel limited in the editor.
· · · – – – · · ·

I don't mean to offend anyone I'm only being honest when I say I find the entire TM2 game unbelievably slow. But I am talking from a long time Dirt creator// Drivers prospective and of corse from an opinion I've formed over a short period of time experimenting with various things. ( also I cannot speak from a tech or FS drivers point of view) but I have to say I find the 'Creative side' of the new editor extremely long winded and painful to use. At less than 20 seconds the track I posted (or tried to post) is very short for me, I usually create tracks around 90 seconds or more, with full scenery and MT work, but using the new editor I just could not stand the amount of messing around 'clicking on this ... clicking on that...' it was way to labor intensive for the finished result. The little track I created took an over an astonishing 'Two days' , compressed time probably 6 or 7 hours. I know from TM1 editor experience I cold have created that silly little mini dirt map in 25 minutes 'maximum' including the MT work (and with an Intro).
What I also find troubling is that I transferred a few of my TM1 dirt tracks into TM2 and quite a lot of the dirt ramp jumps etc. were 'Under-clocked' , the car, on average repeatedly falling very short of where the car lands in the TM1 version of the same tracks. Also I find the actual Dirt texture 'Much' too smooth. It lacks any real 'Dirt feel', if that makes sense. Also I don't like the engine noise; The car sounds like a 'Milk Float' or my X Mrs's Hair Dryer...
But the whole TM2 game 'to me' (at the moment at least) seems like a Very good reflection of how the whole wide world is becoming; Overcomplicated, Weak and all Pink and Fluffy. I've spent ten years of my life getting used to a 'Roaring', 'Growling', 'Aggressive', 'Exciting game' and now I find myself in the middle of the Big Soft Marshmallow world that is TM2. I honestly mean no offence to anyone of a more feminine nature, but to me the game has suddenly turned 'Gay'.
Very disturbing... : S and a little sad :(
Learner Driver

Don't like it -> don't play it. Simple as that.
Most of my friends who play, say TM² is better. It's a preference after all.
Learner Driver

My views of the TM2 game are newly formed and no doubt destined to alter. But where dirt is concerned my opinion is unlikely to alter much. Dirt is all but dead on the other track hosts which leaves two options,
play what (> at the moment <) I see as a hugely inferior dirt discipline or don't play at all. Not much of an option.
Time will tell I guess. :s
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem