Blockmixing
Page: 4 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

Thanks.

But i recommend you to always use this tool, not just to see full block names :) Because the numbers after a block name in compressed file actually can be any other numbers, not necessary the coordinates. And i think in some cases you can even ruin your map this way (TM won't be able to load it). I'm not sure about that, but there's a possibility.

So my advice is to use decompressor before editing a map. If you want a small map size, just open and save it in TM after editing.

And TGYoshi, could you please write about it between parts 2 and 3 of your tutorial?
Learner Driver

Sure, it's quite hard to explain about a decompiler. People got no idea what it'll do so yea.. :p
Tell me if you know some better idea to explain it.
Segmentation fault

Yeah, that's good, thank you.

And btw i'm now working on new version of TrackStudio with TM2 support.
Learner Driver

If you want the hex values that will appear for the block's coordinates in a hex editor, go into the plugins mode, click CREATE and paste the following code into the window, then compile/save/test/quit. You will now have a little frame which shows the corrected* coordinates you can expect to find in the hex editor. The first value is the orientation of the block.

(*The X and Z values shown by the built-in-example script need to be corrected by adding one to find them in the hex editor.)

One note about finding those values: there can be "clipping" or other similar blocks in that file with the same coords as your block. (I think these are for culling faces which wouldn't be visible, such as when you stack two platforms on top of each other you don't need see the two faces that are touching. There are also coords in there for all the pillars.) If your change didn't seem to work, go back and search again for other instances. (Usually it's near the name for it, but it can also put them in other areas.)

Also, I have found some cases where using the UNDO button will cause the editor to delete "illegal" blocks. I now avoid using the undo button once I have mixed blocks in a track

http://pastebin.com/D5VTuNqN
Learner Driver

:d Very useful posting thanks, hopefully tossha continues the project going, I don't know.
Learner Driver
Page: 4 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem