Location: Home  Community Forums  General  What do you look for in a map? 
What do you look for in a map?
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
What do you look for in a map?  
Bonjour a tous ,
Je voudrai poser une question d'ordre générale sur ce que vous aimez voir dans les map.Car je suis étonné de n'avoir pas plus de AWARD sur les miennes vue le temps que j'y passe pour essayer de faire des passages inédit et de faire un effort sur la décoration, :'( snif... Donc je vous demande de bien vouloir m'indiquer ce que vous rechercher en particulier,autant sur le temps de la map, que de la decoration que du style de route ,de passage etc etc etc ça m'aiderai a vous satisfaire
merci 8-|

[edited title. original title: Que cherchez vous dans les map?]
Last edited by eyebo,
Learner Driver

english pls!!!!!
Beetle Racer

Good morning has all,
I shall want to ask a general question of order on what you like to see in map. Because I am surprised not to have more AWARD on mine seen the time which I cross it to try to make of passages unpublished and to make an effort on decoration, snif... Therefore I kindly ask you to point out to to me that to search you particularly, so much at the time of the map, that of the decoration that of the style of road, passage etc etc etc this shall help me has you satisfairemerci
Learner Driver

actually this translatortext isnt really understandable but i think you want to know how to get more awards

in this case the first very important thing is to have a nice screenshot on the track, i am just searching for nice screens since guys who care for the outward appearance of their track mostly also builds nice tracks
and then you should write an authorcomment in english where you say sth about your track just anything

and then you can open a yourtracksthread to feature your tracks in the forum or start competitions like screenshotcompetitions or planetscompetitions in order to get more attention

actually this is the main point but asking one or two nice mappers to check out one of your track in order to feedback it
but dont spam anyone ;)
Beetle Racer

Having a nice screenshot on your track just means you've wasted time on other stuff than the track.
As such a good screenshot clearly shows that you don't really care about your track.
Same goes for intros and stupid stuff like that.
Make a screen, sure, just never ever spend more than 5 minutes tops on it. The time you save can be spent tuning and polish on the thing that matters. The track.
If anyone won't give you an award or even try your track because of a bad screenshot they probably don't deserve to try it in the first place.

A brief author comment is nice tho. Just don't write 2 pages of bullshit. A good track will most likely get recognition sooner or later. Also, try to get it up on servers etc.

Can't really try your tracks myself as I don't have canyon any more. Keep building.

Oh yeah, last and most important. Don't build to get awards. Build for yourself and your own enjoyment.
Quad Bike Racer

Actually, if you put care into your screenshot, I feel it shows you probably also put care into your map. However, a good screenshot isn't necessarily some over-edited masterpiece. If nothing else, make sure it shows/gives a general impression of what the track is/is like. Usually, just the mere presence of the screenshot shows that perhaps a little more effort was put into the map. I see that this you have, and I encourage it.

Additionally, being involved in places like the forums and the general community is good. I'd never heard of you, admittedly, before now, but I'm going to go try some of your maps.
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer

Winter what you're saying is bullshit. "Don't care about presentation, the awards will come" is the same mentality as "Don't work hard, things will be given to you". You have to do the presentation stuff just for the simple fact that, if you think your track is good, you should care enough about it to try and get it to the largest possible audience. And I mean actively trying. I'm not saying "go and spam", but we usually DO judge books by its cover.
The Green Dude

I never made good screen shots. I never ever spammed anyone with my tracks. I never wrote a ton of crap in the author comments other than the bare necessities. Still I'd say I'm reasonably successful.
So I think I'm a good example that you're dead wrong Osaka.
Last edited by winter,
Quad Bike Racer

I would agree with Winter. Well over 2000 awards on TMX and 300 on MX :p
though it doesnt hurt with a nice screenshot and author comments.
Does it djent?

the thing is that he is very well known in tm since a long time
his maps were already popular in tmn
thats the reason for his success i think
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem