Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Suggestion for the devs and anyone else that might agree 
Suggestion for the devs and anyone else that might agree
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Suggestion for the devs and anyone else that might agree  
Ok, I have been playing TM for many years, and sadly this is my first post that I can remember making here. So please be kind to me and don't beat me if this post is in the wrong section.

But here is something I have noticed, and I am sure the rest of you have too, but I have not heard any discussions on this (Unless it has been discussed in the forums. If so, read my first sentence and don't beat me). There are a variety of different versions of TM out there, Valley, Canyon, Stadium 1 & 2. There is the new RPG add-on with new items, There are the older version such as Forever and Nations, and so on. Now my question is, since so many of these versions are similar in many ways, why not make one TM game that brings them all together? I know that the driving dynamics are different with Canyon, Valley and Stadium, but why not make that an option for the player to choose depending on the track they are on if these were all combined? I think Canyon dynamics would make Stadium racing a lot more interesting, and it would alter the map makers way of creating tracks. and it would make the TM community come together as one union under one game base, instead of being divided in different areas of gameplay. It's just an idea, and if this could be done, and there is a HUGE player involvement, it could even put more money into the pockets of those building this beautiful game. Either way, I am here to stay. I just wish there were more of us in one game then spread out.

Learner Driver

Nice to read suggestions about bettering the game(s). I realize you've played a while, and most of this you probably already know, but I'll reiterate for those who may not be aware of the history of the game.

TrackMania United, and later the updated TrackMania United Forever, was an effort to bring together the 7 environments that came before (Desert, Rally, Snow, Island, Bay, Coast, Stadium), and also improve upon them by adding new blocks to most.

With TrackMania United Forever you could play all 7 environments on the same server. Later when the community hacked the gbx files to allow envmixing, you could build in any environment with any car from any other environment. You can still do this. TrackMania United Forever offered a lot of possibilities and brought people together who may not have played together otherwise if they may not have shared primary interest in the same environments. In many respects, I still see this as the best version of TrackMania to date, not from a technical standpoint, but from a conceptual one.

For those who couldn't afford United, or had little interest in playing anything except Stadium, there was of course the option to play TrackMania Nations Forever for free, an update to TrackMania Nations ESWC. As a bonus, TrackMania United Forever players could play with their game on TrackMania Nations Forever servers, which were often more populated than United ones.

When Nadeo created ManiaPlanet and decided to release environments as they became available, by design they made it so each environment was played separately. A departure from most previous versions of TrackMania. Quite understandable when you consider TrackMania² Canyon vs ShootMania Storm. Racing vs FPS. They don't really go well together on the same server.

However, those who own all TrackMania² titles, Canyon, Stadium, and Valley, can now play in the official TrackMania 2 Titlepack that was released in the recent ManiaPlanet 3.0 update. You can download it free in-game in the titlepack Store you see from the main menu. By playing in this titlepack, you can play on all three environments on the same server. EnvMixing is also supported for the Canyon and Valley environments, so you can build with any car you want in those two environments. It's as simple as choosing the car when you go into the editor to create a new map in that titlepack. Note: you can't choose Canyon or Valley cars for the Stadium environment.

Community members who wish to make multi-environment titlepacks may also do so. For example, the new Stunters titlepack is multi-environment.

I'd end by saying that you're posting in the wrong forum if you wish to speak to the devs. :d Mania Exchange is a community run website.

The devs use ManiaPlanet Forums:
http://forum.maniaplanet.com

But maybe the TM2 titlepack will be the answer you were hoping for. :)

RedVirus says:
I just wish there were more of us in one game then spread out.

I think many would agree with you on that statement/desire. :)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

It's the most obvious idea and it "only" took nadeo 2.5 years to build it into the game.

Unfortunately by now, nobody cares, cause nobody plays TM2.

edit : and me commenting on a months old thread shows how much activity is left... Sry for the necro...
Last edited by smigles,
Old Age Caravanner

People play the game(s). People just don't come on this site so often
Learner Driver

Yes kawi, but do they play the TM2 titlepack?

I don't know, I haven't been in-game much for months.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem