Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Aug 2014 - New Structures [Page 2 for results] 
MTC Aug 2014 - New Structures [Page 2 for results]
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
150kb limit  
Great theme :) only one thing...
Can some clarify me the 150 kb limit. I already started a track and used only 3 different block and its already over 2000kb. It is killing me :(
Learner Driver

Four objects and 153kb ...
Question now is: If the judge has all of the objects listed in the first post of this thread, can we go over the 150kb limit or is the rule to stay inside it to have the map playable for everyone?

Edit: Stupid me, it's written in the rules :d
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

well I don't know why this 150kb limit is set over here,

since I just looked up the .gbx file and I got 897kb. (using 3 objects)
but when I looked to some of my other maps without any objects (fully finished maps and released ones, with full MT)
thay also go up to 500-900kb..

so how does this kb limit works?
(if even maps without any object in them are over 150kb
Moped Racer

The size limit of 150kb is super small. I know. I would just remove the sizelimit for items, as there is already a filesize limtnfor maps in general, if you want to play them on a server. But It is up to Nadeo to change it..

There are some objects that are really small. I recommend using those, if you want to embed a lot of them ;)
gado is a

The limit is only on embedded objects methinks. Nadeologic, I wonder how the code even runs sometimes.

Side note: Got my Winamp library ready now, gonna get the objects and LET'S FUCKING DO THIS.
The Green Dude

FT»lolig says:
well I don't know why this 150kb limit is set over here,

since I just looked up the .gbx file and I got 897kb. (using 3 objects)
but when I looked to some of my other maps without any objects (fully finished maps and released ones, with full MT)
thay also go up to 500-900kb..

so how does this kb limit works?
(if even maps without any object in them are over 150kb

The limit is set by Nadeo, but only applies on the total size of distinct embedded objects. Every embedded object has 3 files (Item.gbx, Shape.gbx, Mesh.gbx), those sizes summed form about the size which will be embedded for that single object. In total they should not exceed 150 kB per map. Feel free to whine at Nadeo to remove/raise this limit since it's annoying for sure :p.
Segmentation fault

Three out of five judges have finished judging already. The results will be out soon (tm) :p
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Nice!
MX Supporter
MTC August 2014 RESULTS  

Here are the official results of the ManiaExchange MTC August 2014!

I'm proud to announce the winners of the MTC August 2014 are:

#drumroll ... Let's make some applause for the winners ( http://youtu.be/kvpyz6MUa1w ) :cool:

• :gold: (45.1/50 points)

"Wonderful, and everything this theme strived for. Well done." - Osaka
    "Every turn in the first run was a real "whoaa-moment". [...] A true masterpiece with everything you would want in a track!" - gado
    "A candy of creativity" - heanry

• :silver: (39.9 points)

"I love how the whole map looks like it really is something out of a dream." - Osaka
    "Cool atmosphere, using objects in a more unique way" - TGYoshi

• :bronze: (39.8 points)
    MTC.Totit by   tcq

"It's impressive. Most of the map is spirals and the map is still smooth and flowy." - Osaka
    "The biggest plus of the map is the replayvalue and addictiveness, as you managed to implement a lot of tricky parts and tricks one has to learn in order to get a decent time. [...] Great style!" - haenry

• 4."mtc » stowaway by   s'habba.hu (38 points)
  • 5. "mtc - Phantoms by   Goldwatch (37.1 points)
  • 6. "MTC - Summer Remix by   erikfzr ( 34 points)
  • 7. [Bad Track/Map Link] (21.2 points)

Disqualified: "MTC The Up's and Down's of life by   sonixerik & "MTC - Catch Me by   Fulax

The full results and comments can be read here

Congratulations to snake55wildcat for hist victory! I think it is a deserved win! Congratulations to the top 3 as well, your tracks were really great, too. The point difference between position 2 and 3 is extremely thin. What a tightly packed competition! The top 3 will also get a showcase on the frontpage (y)

I want to say thank you to everyone who participated. It was great fun to host my first MTC and I'm glad everything worked out so well and in time :)

A special thanks goes to gado, osaka, realspace and TGYoshi who invested time and effort into judging!

The next MTC BASCO 2014 is about to start this night!
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Was a nice mtc! It was fun judging :cool:
congrats to snake, mazer and tcq ;)
Last edited by gado,
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem