Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2014 Stage 7 Scenery - snake55wildcat wins! 
BASCO 2014 Stage 7 Scenery - snake55wildcat wins!
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
BASCO 2014 Stage 7 Scenery - snake55wildcat wins!  

I know that a few of you already waited for this stage to arrive. So here it is:
  • Welcome to the ManiaExchange BASCO 2014 Stage 7 - The Scenery Stage, where BASCO stands for "Build A Stage COmpetition"

It will replace the Monthly Track Contest (MTC), September and October 2014.

• What is a BASCO?
    The BASCO is a competition separated into 8 stages: The Route (6 Stages), the Scenery (1 Stage) and the Mediatracker/Screenshot (1 Stage). Each stage consists of a few days for building and a few days for judging.
    In each stage you continue on what has already been built in the previous stages and fight against your competitors for the best part, which will continue the map.

• Timetable
    List of all deadlines
    The deadline is usually at 10pm CET.

• Deadline for Stage 7
    As you can infer from list, the deadline for the this Stage will be Thursday, 16.10.2014 22:00:00.

• Prize
    • :gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that :p)
    • :gold: The winner of each stage wins a showcase of a map of his choice on the frontpage, getting extra spotlight!

• Rules
    • Environment: Valley
    • For this stage you have to use this version of Voyagers part because it includes a fix for stage 5.
    • You are allowed to use everything you want, except from the MT (Stage 8) - embeddable objects, mods, block mixing. Just try to build a good looking map.
    • While you are allowed to remove blocks, you are not allowed to change or manipulate the route of the map. However, it is okay to replace blocks with blocks of the same surface layer you are driving on. The same applies to objects. (see examples below)
    • Validate and save the Map as S#-YourAuthorName (S#= Stage #, so replace # with the current stage number) and upload it to the mapgroup for this BASCO.
    • If you won a route stage already, you're still allowed to submit to the scenery stage.

• Judging
    Judging will be a bit different this time:
    • Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map (just give your own map a 10)
    • In order to judge you will have to fill out a form and enter your name in a list on mx to verify your judging. (The link and the exact spot to enter your name will be provided once the judging begins.)
    • Every part will be judged with marks from 1 (bad) to 10 (good).
    • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely, you cannot judge only half of it.

• Tipps and help for object embedding
Good luck and have fun! If you have any questions, please ask. (y)

Last edited by haenry,
gado is a
Examples  

This block has the same surface, so you are allowed to replace it. However it is not a good idea to do so because the trees block the route, which will very likely result in bad marks for you :p

You can do whatever you want with this block because you don't drive over it
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

am i allowed to make voyagers first turn a bit wider, so that its actually easier and more fun to drive?, because in my opinion you cant leave it like its atm...
Beetle Racer

i had no problem with it, lodec
G-kart Racer

i had really big problems with it, i thonk i needed 10 tries to get into the finish just because if this turn^^
Beetle Racer

Would be glad if haenry maybe can have a look at it and tell me if everything is okay. As I'm moving tomorrow I hope to have internet back as soon as possible in case of my submission doesn't fulfil the rules.
Moped Racer

I'm pretty sure it will leave the original route untouched and will keep the same type of surface, Lodec, won't it? If these two things are okay, I cannot see a problem with it.

You want me to look at your part to verify it for the rules, tcq? Go ahead. I won't submit a part this time anyways ;)
gado is a

Question: I accidentally named my map S8-Mandark instead of S7-Mandark.. What can I do? :$
Beetle Racer

What about rename and update? :p

EDIT: oh tcq, I didn't see you uploaded your map already. I'll check it ;)
EDIT2: That looks good, tcq. (y)
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Gogog, judging is open. The deadline is sunday evening and here's the form.

This is the link to the mapgroup. It should be public soon (tm). Within the next hour probably. Until then: dropbox link ;)
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem