MTC - server
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC - server  
Hi, I really like this little map building competition however I'm lazy... and basically it would be a lot easier for me and others, i think, if there was a server where MTC maps where added for people to test.

You could still make it so they had to come onto the website to vote

Just a suggestion, i realize this makes more work for you guys but it would be awesome :)
Old Age Caravanner

Quite a good idea indeed.
I will see what can be done for the next month. ;)
gado is a

Issue will be titlepacks. e.g, sorrow used RPG titlepack for this round and Joyko used TMPlus (and maybe rex used esl? not sure but that pack has a lot of cool objects for fs).

I'm all for putting all tracks online, but if we wanna do this we can't allow builders to use titlepacks anymore. Which will limit many builders, so i personally value titlepack use over online play.

Old Age Caravanner

This is truly and issue.
I fear there is not perfect solution. It always will be some kind of compromise :-w
gado is a

I'm all for a MTC server and if I remember correctly, there was one for 2 or 3 MTCs back in TMUF days.

One of the main problems with a MTC server (besides titlepacks) is the "short" amount of time you have online. Even if it's 10-15 mins per map it is still shorter than you need to appreciate some of the finer builds produced here. From my experience great maps can be very frustrating driving online, especially if time runs out and you still haven't finished the track. As long as the rules don't state clearly, that the map has to be finishable with a good run within 10 minutes on a server, or judging and results are separated into online/offline maps, the first impression of a map might be tainted when driving them online first.

To be honest, I'm easily frustrated by transition-heavy tracks and I like my tracks nice, easy and relaxing. So I would rather enjoy those rule changes, but in the big picture it would take away almost everything from the MTC. MTC has (for me at least) always been about creating new ways in a limited environment. That includes mostly stuff that isn't nice, easy and relaxing during the first 10 minutes of driving, but very enjoyable after 20-30 minutes and ever thereafter.

With everyone able to vote, it might be possible that results are screwed towards online-friendly tracks, while transition-heavy masterpieces might get overlooked.
Moped Racer

Yeah, not sure how you could get around the title packs issue unless you used a title pack that has almost every block from other titlepack and allowed mix environments.

@racho you could easily set the timelimt to 30minutes, to allow people to get the feel of the track, i also agree that people instantly think a map is bad just because they can't find the line in the first 5 minutes or so. That is why keeping the voting on the webpage would help stop (noobs) coming on and affecting the voting.

This is obviously up to you guys, its just a suggestion :)
Old Age Caravanner

I upvote the idea.

just simply make an MTC server on the 3(4) main nadeo titles
valley, stadium, canyon and envimix title.
these are the official titles.

and do not simply use only this months MTC maps but make a map pool of rotating mtc theme's.
this will attract more people.

and use the current month's theme on the enviro mix title.

I know there is still the issue of the harder maps wich will be played less frequently but I think it will add some variety and it will attract new players to involve with future mtc's.
(since you can chat, and convince players to join an mtc).

Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem