Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Did TM2 update? [EDIT: No, I don't think it did] 
Did TM2 update? [EDIT: No, I don't think it did]
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Did TM2 update? [EDIT: No, I don't think it did]  
So I was editing a track, and I needed to compute shadows. Now, I might just be crazy, but I don't recall there ever being an "ultra" setting... :s

Am I crazy, or is this new?

EDIT: I think I'm just crazy, it look like that option's only available if you have the "Lightmap Quality Ultra" option checked under compatibility in the advanced options. I'd never used that before, which is why I'd never seen the option.
Last edited by Arkive,
MTC Host
MTC Host

Well great to know ! We always learn new thing about Trackmania :d
Trying Unique Idea

Yeah, it's been in the game for years. ;) Ultra lightmaps will get you more lightbounces and better quality (bigger) lightmaps locally. However, all lightmaps saved in the GBX track file are compressed down to Default quality. Even High quality lightmaps are compressed to Default. I don't quite understand it, but I believe if you start with higher quality lightmaps, such as ultra, the resulting compressed lightmap that ends up in the gbx file does indeed end up being slightly better quality than if you just computed at Default quality to begin with.

Anyway, for local play, or for video making, the Ultra setting is awesome. It's especially nice if your map is huge with a lot of dark areas, such as some RPGs. It can create a smoother atmosphere.

Nice find though. :d
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Eternity says:

Because most of the features in ManiaPlanet are hidden or not explicitly explained =p
G-kart Racer

400r_ says:
Eternity says:

Because most of the features in ManiaPlanet are hidden or not explicitly explained =p

Like the locator and mods menu hidden !
Trying Unique Idea
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem