Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Recover a map from a replay / Autosave 
Recover a map from a replay / Autosave
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Recover a map from a replay / Autosave  
Hey,

is there a way to get a track from a replay?

I once deleted many of my maps & I would like to reupload them, sadly they aren't on my pc anymore but I have the Autosaves.

thanks (:

fredair

Beetle Racer

Yeah on the folder or in-game : Documents/Maniaplanet/Replays/Autosaves

Then if you find the replay, simply rename the end of the files, exemple MyTrack.replay.gbx, change it to MyTrack.Map.gbx.

I've done that for one of my lost map.
Trying Unique Idea

I use this. It's from a user named Electron.
http://www.wolfgang-rolke.de/gbxdump/gbxconv.zip

You can find the original forum post here:
http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=182880&sid=f9be60ce2723bbccae3439b42b9f29a1#p182880

It was originally made for TM1 but seems to work fine for TM2 replays.

You'll have to rename the resulting files back to *.Map.Gbx though, because otherwise it gives you a *.Challenge.Gbx

The only thing is you won't have the screenshot/thumbnail on the map file. So what I do is then open the map in the editor and resave the map without driving it again. Then the thumbnail is created once more.

@Eternity, that's an interesting solution. Does that allow you to open the maps in the editor? I've never tried it.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

eyebo says:
@Eternity, that's an interesting solution. Does that allow you to open the maps in the editor? I've never tried it.

Yeah it does.
Trying Unique Idea

Does it work with any replay, so Autosaved/edited/online save where you have many replays in one file/unfinished replay etc.?

Ty for your awnser
Beetle Racer

Yeah it could. Try it !
Trying Unique Idea
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem