Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Music lovers? Where are you? 
Music lovers? Where are you?
Page: 24 of 27
Post Reply  0 Observer

Let's bring some metal to this electronic mass!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuT6Td7kLKw

I'm gonna compose a longer post asap ;)

So, as a musician and a huge music fan, I'll write here about all my favorite artists, what I love them for and why are they so awesome! :d Seems like my tastes match to the ones that Ville has, so I'll just post the ones that come out of the line the most.

The Faceless - The Faceless was actually the first hyper-technical band I've heard of. Well, unless we cound in Necrophagist. Besides the fact that I had real lots of pleasure and fun while learning their Ancient Covenant, I found them to have the potential. After a short time they released their masterpiece and an album that I found the best of all time albums I've ever heard, when it comes to the message, music and the atmosphere. There's just nothing that can stun me as much as I was stunned during the 15-minutes long Autotheist Movement.

Persefone - After 3 years of learning the guitar, I was just sure there's no band I can't play and I was looking for something which can actually prove me wrong. Finally, by simply listening to Spotify, I discovered a band called Persefone. Their first song I got to hear was actually Upward Explosion, I was astonished. Truly impressive. Followed by a short research, I started going deeper and deeper into their music. It's unbelievable how incredible and flawless can be a band from a country that I wasn't sure exists. More HERE

Scar Symmetry - I'm not gonna go for too long with this band. I mean, no vocals (besides Phil Anselmo) can equal the greatness and expression of Chris Alvestam. Yeah, we're talking about the first three albums. Absolutely amazing. Great thing is that he actually started a band called Solution .45 which is a twin to all of those albums, counting Pitch Black Progress, Holographic Universe and Symmetric in Design. More HERE

Nekrogoblikon - These guys are just a simple example of the "I don't give a f**k" attitude in music. In a good way. The band, besides starting their own genre, has (had) his own region to play in and their own fan base. Their music is about goblins, goblins and goblins. Well, I'm currently reviewing this stuff, I'll post the review link here when it's released.

More to come.

Just noticed I wrote a post here before... Sorry :d
Last edited by FT»Rast,
Old Age Caravanner

It's kinda funny seeing my tastes in music haven't changed much in 3 years, still listening to the same bands pretty much. Lately I've been into a lot of Extol, a norwegian Christian metal band. Their lyrics are a bit too straight-forward for my taste (very religious as well) but nevertheless I enjoy their music a lot, it's an amazing band.

I also listen to stuff like Haken, Leprous, Cloudkicker, and a lot of other prog rock/metal.
Back in action!

My friend actually also digs Leprous, but I've never really heard anything from them. Now I'm more going into some technical stuff, as well as I'm enjoying some of polish metal lords (Decaps, Vader, Behemoth). Actually I'm very proud of a band called The Sixpounder, cause they're in the finals of polish tv show called Must Be The Music. You know, it's just an incredible thing when a death metal artist rules the stage, where poles are actually known for lack of musical taste that's mostly known as pop. From the bands similiar to what I've just heard from Extol, You must have heard of Fleshgod Apocalypse. Symphonic death metal is just incredible. PROBABLY THEIR MOST KNOWN SONG
Last edited by FT»Rast,
Old Age Caravanner

Yup I know Fleshgod, haven't listened to them all that much but especially this song is a bit too static for me, it's fun to listen to like "whoah, those blastbeats are really fast" but I can't really imagine sitting and listening through a full album of this :p I love the Spawn of Possession type of tech death though.

This would be a pretty good song by Leprous
Back in action!

Spawn of Possession? The Evangelist destroyed my mind! The whole album is just INSANE. The atmosphere they put us into is just so mysterious and possessive(?) that it just makes the listener want more and more. Yeah, from those kinds of bands, I really like Beyond Creation. They changed my opinion about french music :d. Wait, weren't You the one, who created the map ObZen? Just these days I realised, that it's named after Meshuggah's song.
Old Age Caravanner

This is an old band of mine.

Difficult to place as music style: thrash metal with some electronic influences.
Last edited by erikfzr,
MX Supporter

FT»Rast says:
Wait, weren't You the one, who created the map ObZen? Just these days I realised, that it's named after Meshuggah's song.

Yeah, that was me :) I kinda like some songs by Beyond Creation too.
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

What I like the most about Spawn of Possession is their lyrics. They are made the unique way. The Evangelist for example, is a clear scenario for a movie. Why? Because the message is so real, so possible. And the emotions, the atmosphere. It really feels like a voice of the inner demon that's coming out of a possessed, cursed person. Incruso is a big step for being one of the best bands that ever got caught by my ears. And eyes. And mind...
Old Age Caravanner

New deadmau5 album soon. Also new Netsky album will come relatively soon. Maybe Pendulum too? Anyways, a nice months in front of us :d
Last edited by wormi,
Beetle Racer

Also Slipknot, Arch Enemy, Solution. 45 :) Can't wait for those to be honest :d
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 24 of 27 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem