Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Can not attach a screenshot to my map 
Can not attach a screenshot to my map
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Can not attach a screenshot to my map  
Hello, I come to you because I have a problem with the site tm2 exchange to import a screenshot with a map.
I took my screenshoot in the map editor by testing it, I made an F10 (screenshoot windows) then I opened it with paint to add text, the title of my map. Then on the site tm2x I went on "upload track" I select the map then the screenshoot, I validate, I am told: "Screenshots must not exceed 250KB in size".
Easy, that I told myself, I go to an online compression site and it will be good. I compress the picture, I come back and I am told: "Screenshot dimensions must be 400px x 290px (pixels)"
So I go this time on a site to resize image, in the site options I put well: width = 400; Height = 290
Yet when I go to post this image resized, always the same error message written in red that tells me that the image should not exceed 400px X 290px.
I did about 20 tests with different image sizes (200 X 200), different compression and different online site to resize and compress and finally nothing to do, always this same error message that tells me that the image Is too big, although I have redimensioned it, I do not know what to do to make it work so I post here .
Sorry if my English is not good, I do not master the language well so I used google translate.
Thank you in advance and good day / evening
Learner Driver

The screenshot must be exactly 400x290.
And the size must be under 250KB.

Open the screenshot in Microsoft Paint.
From there you can click "Resize".
Choose "Pixels".
Then uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio".
For Horizontal: 400
For Vertical: 290
Click "OK"

And then save the screenshot as a JPG.
It should save under 250 KBs usually.

Try updating your track with that newly saved file. It should work.
Site Leader

It works, thank you very much.
I did not understand that it had to be exactly 400 X 290, I thought 400 X 290 was the maximum allowed, I think it should be better explained on the page "upload track" ...
Paint is great for resizing, I thought this software was only used to make small touches on images like text or geometric shapes.
Still thanks and good game :)
Learner Driver

Hey guys !

Got a problem with screens too.

- 400x290
- 197 ko

I try since few days to upload that screenshot but it's impossible, I don't understand why. When I upload the screen it works but doesn't appear on the trackpage. If I upload it a new time, it says me "screenshot already exists". Dunno what to do ...

ps: I tried with png and jpg : same result
Last edited by Deejay,
2 7

Deejay, it appears for me when I visit the page.

Try CTRL+F5 on the track page (this will load all the elements on the page freshly, instead of from the cache).

lxiizz, I'm glad you got it to work! We'll consider rewording the information on the screenshot upload page. :) Thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Holy Macaroni ! Thanks eyebo, it works (y)
2 7
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem