RPG title pack
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
RPG title pack  
Once all the updates are complete will the RPG title pack be playable again, as before the update, i also had a title box for Canyon and Valley, however most of my online gaming was spent in the RPG Title Pack.

Question for the developers and coders of the new update :

Is RPG title pack no longer playable or does it have to be re coded for the MP4 updates?????

just curious , as myself and a fellow RPG builder have spent over 5 months on building a track for our series we created and we can't do online beta testing till all the rpg tilepack servers are back online and updated.....

or do we ( rpg playing community ) have to get our RPG fixes within another title.. eg: canyon & valley
Last edited by Birdy81,
Learner Driver

Last I heard skyslide was running all the thousands of objects for the RPG titlepack through the new nadeoimporter to make sure they're clean and compatible. I assume once that's complete an update to the titlepack will come. I'm sure backwards compatibility will be kept if it all possible.
Site Leader

I was talking with Sky the other night and he seems to be knee deep in it looking at the errors we're getting. Kudos to him for the extra work. At the same time I am looking at what issues there are by playing around in the editor and I noticed today that when I am working on a track (MP3 track converted to MP4), the original Nadeo blocks/items can be seen, but if you try to delete one now, you get kicked from the game back to the windows screen. It could just be me, but this never happened before. It is one of those issues that can be easily overlooked when trying to find solutions to a problem. The new items that came with the original titlepack are ok so far. Not sure if this happens with all the original blocks/items, but from what I have tested it does.

Could this be due to files being renamed for those items/blocks? Should be a simple fix since it is two different sets of items (original Nadeo and the Titlepack items). I also retract my last findings with the physics. It isn't an issue. There seems to be a little more of a boost in acceleration, but it won't hurt the playable dynamics of the maps built in RPG. So I apologize to the other mappers causing them to freak out about their tracks not being able to work properly because of the new physics. I truly think that best thing to do is a full reset and just do simple add-on updates as I suggested in my other post.

This would save a lot of headaches with the Devs trying to figure this out. And by adding new items/blocks and other little things, it is bound to grab the interest of the RPG community that chose to remain on the TM1 side. Sometimes fancy isn't better. Keeping it simple, easy to navigate and adding more blocks/items to build with is what we want. The expansion to 4mb was a huge plus too.

I am sure the ultimate goal is to create an atmosphere beyond our expectations and something that will entice those still in TM1 to move to TM2. To do this you will need to match the game dynamics they have or keep it similar to what we had in MP3 and dangle the extras items/blocks in front of them by saying "look at what we got" like a child on a playground showing off the latest new toy that makes others jealous. Or even better bridge both TM1 and TM2. I thought that was Mania Planet's goal in the beginning, to combine the different platforms and have them accessible on one page. Anyways, the more the better, but again, keep it simple and if you build it, they will come. Ok, that part was cheesy....but true :-)
Last edited by Red Virus,
Learner Driver
ay  
we are on it, update coming soon, cant tell date xd
about item sorting, we cant do anything
about the shit lightmaps on dirt we cant do anything
about the shit lightmaps on the rest of blocks, its problem with cache, if we update the tp, the maps should get a new ID (maybe need new validation) so all maps will be run like its a new map (RIP RECORD) (you can import records, local only i guess)
Old Age Caravanner

Old Age Caravanner
RPG TITLEPACK IS BACK GOGO UPDATEEEEEE  
read top xd
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem