Location: Home  Community Forums  General  [Fixed] Non-Titlepack Map Replays 
[Fixed] Non-Titlepack Map Replays
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[Fixed] Non-Titlepack Map Replays  
Dear Mania-Exchange Team,

you guys did an awesome job so far in converting all the maps for maniaplanet 4. I know this is a huge process!

But I still have a wish for a very long time now. Please make it possible, to upload repalys that have been driven on non-titlepack maps on a server with the titlepack on it. It is a very annoying problem and completely unnecessary in my opinion. So if it is possible to change that, please do it.

Greetings
WallRunner
Last edited by eyebo,
Learner Driver

The issue behind is that those replays don't load in the main titlepack. Some titlepacks also allow changing vehicle physics, even if the original map had normal physics...
Segmentation fault

Isn't it possible only to allow this specific titlepack?
Learner Driver

I'm not sure what you mean. The key is that the replay is not loadable on the titlepack the original map was made on.
Segmentation fault

Of course it is. The point is, that i play a map, that has been built in trackmania before the titlepack even existed. But the replay i drove, has been done on a server with the titlepack on it. You can watch the replay in both, the main gae and the titlepack, but you can't upload it on tmx, because the server had the titlepack on it. It'S kinda hard to explain to be honest.
Learner Driver

So when I play a map, that has been build without the titlepack, but on a titlepack server, i can't upload the replay. When I play the exact same map on a server without the titlepack on it, it works just fine.
Learner Driver

Wallrunner says:
Of course it is. The point is, that i play a map, that has been built in trackmania before the titlepack even existed. But the replay i drove, has been done on a server with the titlepack on it. You can watch the replay in both, the main gae and the titlepack, but you can't upload it on tmx, because the server had the titlepack on it. It'S kinda hard to explain to be honest.

The main reason it's not allowed is because you cannot load it in the original titlepack. I don't know for sure if this has changed with mp4 though, iirc it hasn't changed. (secondary reason is physics, but that can be solved in another way)

If it works without having the original pack installed (or at least loaded), it's worth reconsidering this in my eyes.

I know it's really annoying, but ensuring people can actually easily view replays has a lot of weight. It's sort of a core flaw with the titlepack system.
Segmentation fault

The fact that a lot of Replays can't be uploaded is more annoying than the fact that I have to download and have to open it in a seperate titlepack. But that's just my opinion of course.
Last edited by Wallrunner,
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem