Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC October 2017: Puzzle! 
MTC October 2017: Puzzle!
Page: 3 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

Arkive says:
Can we keep blockmixing in? My map would be disqualified if blockmixing suddenly breaks the rules. Just make an obvious note to not mix two blocks into each other and you should be fine.

Yeah, this. My map works just fine now that I'm aware of what's going on (thanks to Yoshi). It's not like blockmixing is a major part of my map or anything, but I probably used it in a few different places just because I could, without even worrying about it, since it was allowed.

If we're going to change the rules at this point, I'm going to have to go back through and try to figure out where it's used and where it isn't, and then potentially miss a spot and be DQed for that...well, I'll probably just opt out.
Track Slacker

Arkive says:
Can we keep blockmixing in? My map would be disqualified if blockmixing suddenly breaks the rules. Just make an obvious note to not mix two blocks into each other and you should be fine.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't think of that.
I just updated the rules so that people don't accidentally build a map that doesn't function.

Rules are updated now again.
G-kart Racer

Thanks! (y)
MTC Host
MTC Host

Arkive says:
Thanks! (y)
What he said. :)
Track Slacker

October Public Voting Link: https://goo.gl/forms/FXTCMKvEI977vDX03

Give your score at the start of the feedback (0 to 10, half points are allowed), and then the feedback right after that, for example:

# - feedbackfeedbackfeedback...

The internal voting will follow the format of:
  • Theme/Creativity [15p] (How creatively is the puzzle mode used?; Are the given blocks and the foundation thought provoking/interesting?)
  • Execution [15p] (How well do the given blocks and the foundation supplement eachother; Do the given blocks serve in some way a function?)
  • Funfactor [10p]
  • Detailwork [10p]

• Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map (give your own map a 10).
  • Every map will be judged with marks from 0 (bad) to 10 (good). All votes 7+ or 4- and lower require constructive feedback on why you gave it that score.
  • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely. You cannot judge only half of it. If you are not able to finish the map, your vote can still count, but please only leave that as a very last resort, and still judge the entire map fairly.
  • You need to verify your vote by making a post here. (for example: "Voted :done:")
  • One best and one worst vote for each map will be ignored if more than 10 people vote.
  • The overall score will be a 50/50 mixture of the average public score and the average internal score.

Voting will close on November 5, 2017 at midnight CEST.
    Last edited by Lars,
  • G-kart Racer

Voted :done:
    Moped Racer

Voted (y)
    Quad Bike Racer

The results are in!

:gold: Congratulations to   Marius 89 for winning with MTC Hakuna Matata! :gold:

• "this was the track I came back most to try for better solutions" - Racho
  • "Interesting checkpoint themed puzzle map, 17 out of 26 given blocks are cp's" - Lars

:silver: Also congrats to   Arkive for This MTC Course is Unfinished! :silver:

• "Love the setting deep in a pit with multiple finishes opening up different possibilities" - Racho
  • "This map is fun, because it is not a too long or big map. It's very compact" - Marius89

:bronze: Congrats to   pjw for Hundred Acre Archipelago (mtc)! :bronze:

• "the track kept me occupied and re-trying for better solutions" - Racho
  • "This map definitely is a challenge and has multiple good ideas" - Lars
  • "The blocks you can choose from are mostly very helpful" - Marius89

And our runner-up:

4. [Bad Track/Map Link]

Marius89, Arkive, and pjw then receive one front page track showcase of their choice (having less than 10 awards)

Find the full results and feedback here.

Thanks to all participants this month for joining in the contest! Thanks to Racho who judged internally. And thanks to those who publicly voted and gave their feedback. And sorry to AR »rexine who voted, but didn't leave feedback.

Hope you all enjoyed the challenge! See you in the next one! (y)
  • G-kart Racer

Apologies for not voting--I had too much Real Life get in the way the last couple of weeks. I also wanted to thank everyone for the feedback--I agree that less distance to cover and more blocks would have improved the track, and I'll keep that in mind for next time. :)
    Track Slacker
    Page: 3 of 3 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem