Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Loopcams and respawns 
Loopcams and respawns
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Loopcams and respawns  
As you know, you create a loopcam by setting a trigger at the start of the loop. Adding a race cam, setting it to "internal" and "keep playing (on by default)".

And then terminate the cam (giving the player back their cam of choice) by placing a blank trigger at the exit of the loop.

What most builders fail to do is also place a blank trigger on the checkpoint before the loop. Why?

If you fail to add this blank trigger, it will mean that after respawning you will have to drive from the checkpoint to the loop with the loopcam forced on.

The blank trigger at the CP will thus give the driver back their cam of choice when respawning.

Nevermind, check skyslide's post and my reply. There's a better way to give the driver back his cam of choice when respawning.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Old Age Caravanner

:o Thanks skyslide! I never noticed that!

In case the screenshot goes dead at some point, I'll say it in text...

There's an option you can toggle called "Respawn Stop" that's associated with each trigger.

So when you set the internal cam, you can just enable that.

You don't need to set a blank trigger at the CP, like I said in the original post of this topic. :$
Site Leader

It's no surprise you never noticed the Respawn Stop feature; it was something that was quietly added in MP4. I've got some screens of the MP3 in-game mediatracker, and none of them have the Respawn Stop option.
MTC Host
MTC Host
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem