Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  In Game Video Question 
In Game Video Question
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
In Game Video Question  
Hello
I have made videos for youtube from my game replay editor [TM Stadium] and it always worked.

I installed a new video card two weeks ago into my pc I was wanting to see how it handled video from the game, the video render was much quicker than with my old card it just worked great first time as with the old card.

Then this week I try to make a video in exaxtly the same way as usual but it comes out not in one complete file but in several small ones that appear in the Screenshots folder, looks like it is being made for my in home dvd player.I want one big file only not all these small ones.

I did install some software this like a management thing for my new video card this week, I think that it worked ok before I did that, not sure though sorry ?? Do I have to change any settings somewhere ? Asus Radeon RX 570 is my video card. I dont'' see anywhere in the game where I can change this type of thing.
Last edited by Zat The Alien,
Old Age Caravanner

ManiaPlanet splits up all videos into 1 GB files, so this is normal. You can use any video editing software to put the pieces together, but as far as I'm aware there is no way to render out a video into a single file if the file is larger than 1 GB in size.
MTC Host
MTC Host

I don't think the files are that big ? I wonder why it worked last time ?

Here is the video that I made back in august, it came out all in one file, one piece.Now if I make the video after just 4 minutes or so of rendering the second file appears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEACPIn5iVQ&feature=youtu.be
Old Age Caravanner

depends on your codec also
without any codec you would have single images as frames, each image ~ 3mb jpg
x264 compresses good, but quality loss ..
Old Age Caravanner

skyslide says:

Ah I think I got it,,,the codec choices are not working, the single images is the only one I can open and view if I chose to make the video that way.Even microsoft 1 codec does not work, if I make a video with it I cannot view it afterwards, an onscreen message says that the codec is not suported. My last video card was the nividia sort I wonder if that is why everthing is changed ?

Well thank you both very much for answering.
Old Age Caravanner

skyslide says:

I tried a couple of video joining programs,Shotcut, and Free Video Joiner.I find with these two that the quality of the finished video goes down, so does the file size sustantially, especially with the second program.The stitched together video looks kind of ok on my computer but if I upload it to youtube it gets compressed further leaving it looking,,,,rubbish.With Shotcut I cannot get my system to recognise the avi file if I chose it as an extension.You got any suggestions for a program that just joins the videos without compressing them or ruining them ?
Old Age Caravanner

skyslide says:

I had no idea about this codec thing until you said...I rendered an 8 minute race video in the replay editor when I went to bed last night, I got up 4 hours later to check the progress and I saw that the file had grown to over 120gb,I had to stop it because the hd was almost totally full. The same race takes 6+ hours to render to the same point with my old video card, it was painfull to make a video, it took over 7 hours to the end.A 120gb Trackmania race video is a bit over the top.And it was only around 4/5's complete too.
Old Age Caravanner

try that, if it has a virus or malware in it, not my fault, the newer versions do have some in it, but this one is old, should work (did not test it yet!) .. virus total said its gud

virus total scanns files with 66 antivirus scanners ^^
https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/url
https://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/files/x264vfw/37_2200bm_33968/x264vfw_37_2200bm_33968.exe/download
Old Age Caravanner

skyslide says:
try that, if it has a virus or malware in it, not my fault, the newer versions do have some in it, but this one is old, should work (did not test it yet!) .. virus total said its gud

virus total scanns files with 66 antivirus scanners ^^
https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/url
https://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/files/x264vfw/37_2200bm_33968/x264vfw_37_2200bm_33968.exe/download

Thank you very much for the answer.

I have found a nice free program for stitching,videos together, looks nice on my computer but bad on youtube. I do high quality 60 fps recordings from the game,it always looks so nice and clear.I just read that 1080 by 720 resolution videos tend to look better on youtube if done in high quality...I am just trying mp4 format and high quality settings, with a lower resolutin just to see if it looks any better than a bigger resolution.

With my old video card it was so simple, he just did it all, made one file of around 80mb and it mostly looked pretty good and sharp on youtube.

Once again thank you for the answer I will look.Have a nice weekend.
Old Age Caravanner

It looks like the avi file is now being exported from the game without any compression when I try to make a video.Is there a setting in the game, windows, or the video card software that governs this ? I tried making a game video of around 1 minute using the other file extension webem , and that comes out as 50mb single file with all graphical settings on high, the avi used to do that but now it does not.

The 8 minute race video file was so large I had to stop it after 5 hours of rendering.How can a 6 minute video file be larger than two Forza Horizon 4 games ?
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem