Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  In Game Video Question 
In Game Video Question
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

If you're not trying to edit the video, use Koepi's XviD to render out of ManiaPlanet:
http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html

Just install it, and restart your game.

You'll have a new setting for XviD when you go to render a video from the replay editor.

The files are more manageable in size, and they can be uploaded directly to YouTube.
Site Leader

zatthealien says:
The 8 minute race video file was so large I had to stop it after 5 hours of rendering.How can a 6 minute video file be larger than two Forza Horizon 4 games ?

It can be that large if it's uncompressed.

Basically all videos would be that big if it wasn't for the inventions of codecs (compressor / decompressors) that allow us to make videos much smaller for use online and for placing on optical media.
Site Leader

eyebo«way¬ says:
If you're not trying to edit the video, use Koepi's XviD to render out of ManiaPlanet:
http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html

Just install it, and restart your game.

You'll have a new setting for XviD when you go to render a video from the replay editor.

The files are more manageable in size, and they can be uploaded directly to YouTube.

Thank you very much for the answer, I dunno why my files are so big all of a sudden ?

I tried making a race video using the, .webm extension toda,y it came out pretty ok and a reasonable 50 mb file size.I uploaded the video to you tube and when I saw it I was surprised how nice the video looked ..I went to a friends house earlier and I checked the video out from his place and it looked great.Actually it looks to me even nicer and sharper than my avi videos do.
Old Age Caravanner

eyebo«way¬ says:
zatthealien says:
The 8 minute race video file was so large I had to stop it after 5 hours of rendering.How can a 6 minute video file be larger than two Forza Horizon 4 games ?

It can be that large if it's uncompressed.

Basically all videos would be that big if it wasn't for the inventions of codecs (compressor / decompressors) that allow us to make videos much smaller for use online and for placing on optical media.

I thought that too that the files must be uncompressed being that big, but why all of a sudden is my computer making uncompressed avi files through Trackmania ? It only started happening after I installed some tool for video live streaming that was in the video card software.It only is for two weeks trial so I deleted it.

Last edited by Zat The Alien,
Old Age Caravanner

If I make a video from the game and I alter the [movement effect] in the final settings,I set it to a quarter, I get a sound on the finished video that sounds like a piece of wire sticking into the wheel as it rotates. I was once doing a wash and the washing machine was making this sound, it turned out to be the reenforcement metal strip out of my girlfriends bra that had come out and it was sticking through the drum.

I tried making a video twice last evening and both times this noise appears, it took me ages to trace it down to the movement effect setting. I could not understand why all of a sudden this happened, I never touched that setting before yesterday I was just trying it out to see what happens, so I thought it must be that.It appears that the sound gets screwed up.Twice 2 hours to render the video only to hear that horrible noise.I am not totally sure if this is solved until this next video is ready that I am now rendering, it will be around an hour from now ready.

Before the new video card, life was so simple.

Since I first posted this thread I have made more that 7 in game videos no problem, they look real nice too even on youtube.Not using avi anymore, I think I just leave this set up.
Last edited by Zat The Alien,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem