Location: Home  Community Forums  Resources  [Tutorial] Linked Checkpoints 
[Tutorial] Linked Checkpoints
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[Tutorial] Linked Checkpoints  
I've created three tutorials about the Linked Checkpoints feature which was added to ManiaPlanet during 2019.

First, a text tutorial I wrote back in July 2019:

A little more about Linked Checkpoints, for those who want to know how to use it:

Linked CPs are for having CP groups. You only have to pass through one CP in the group to trigger the whole group. So instead of triggering every CP in a map in order to finish, you only need to trigger one CP in each group.

Respawns for each CP still work the same. You respawn at the CP you triggered.

You can access this feature by placing several CPs, and then clicking the wrench icon at top left in the Map Editor. Then click on one of the CPs in the map.

You'll next see a dialog on the right side that looks like this:

In the dialog, click on the chain-link icon, leave group set to 1, and hit OK. Now the CP is a LinkedCP in group 1.

Do the same for additional CPs. Assign all the ones to group 1 that you want linked together and continue for other groups if you want more than one set of linked CPs.

In the example image above, I have 2 groups of CPs.

Have fun with it! :d

Then a video tutorial in November 2019:

Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

And a follow up video tutorial in January 2020:

Normally linked CPs work fine in all the base titles. However, you start running into difficulties once you start using some custom titlepacks. So I've made an addon tutorial explaining how to get the feature to work in titlepacks such as TMOne, RPG, etc.

Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem