Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Working on a sign pack - what do you need? (Xpost from mania... 
Working on a sign pack - what do you need? (Xpost from maniapark)
Page: 3 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer

I don't think that those signs are really necessary. 900 signs seems like enough :p
Sports Saloon Racer

3 right
2 center
1 left

3 separate sign there is one sign but that is just dead center and blue
i think you see what i mean
some one can make a cool sign with this idea
Beetle Racer

I have two, a generic "drive right of centre" sign and a specific sign for asymmetric GP tracks.

Final tally: 136 signs per colour = 816 signs. :) Now let's wait for MX to host it.
Moped Racer

Sign count increased to 142 per colour.

The tally:

35 arrow signs (8 cardinal directions, 4 chevrons, 12 bend signs from 45% to full spiral, bank up/down, chicane, junction, road split)
    62 track features signs (checkpoint, finish, various dangers like low roofs and pillars, various types of jumps, keep left/right/center/outside, straight/spiral/cobra/death loops, various boost types, offroad, bumpy road, asymmetric landing, multilap signs for first lap and faster subsequent laps if they are different, narrow roads, press forward, respawn roads, a warning to respawn now, reuse signs for the first and second pass [SO ANNOYING WHEN YOU GET LOST IN A REUSE], multilap rolling start, sharp turn, tight gap, wallrides, tunnel, dark and bright areas, drive backwards, classic engine killer/wall scrape/water bounce)
    18 pacing signs (go faster/slower than speed X, noslide, drift, fullspeed, tech)
    12 ad signs (MX, Maniapark, Maniaplanet, the globe, Nadeo, TM, SM, QM, the full TM2 logo, TMX, Ubisoft and a vanity sign)
    9 miscellaneous signs (skull, good luck dice, secret found, stop, warning, ...)
    4 mediatracker signs (cam change, follow ghost, GPS, refuel sign for F1 tracks)
    2 novelty signs (Portal cake finish, LotR tunnel entrance)

You get the following folders:
BK, BL, GR, GY, OR, RD: the six colours - black, blue, green, gray, orange, red.
WALL: 20 lightwall textures: bright flat colours resembling a wall made out of lamps intended for illumination. They emit a large light radius and will tint everything nearby that colour. Available colours are dark/light/pastel blue, dark/light/pastel green, lime, orange, pink, dark/light purple, dark/light/pastel red, dark/light/pastel yellow, white, gray and black (no illumination).
STRIPE_L, STRIPE_R: 19 textures each: the same as the lightwall textures, but with a diagonal black line across them.

Those wall signs are useful to decorate your Vinean crypt, recreate a Wipeout track or if you just want to set people on fire.

= 910 signs.
The MX staff had better host them.

Plzzz? :)
Last edited by Enai Siaion,
Moped Racer

gooooood job enai!
I really would like to use them, even if probably are too much.. i will get lost through all the pages of ads to chose from :/
Moped Racer

The signs looks very promesing, but there's only one sign that i kinda dislike. The Finish sign. Think it would looked better with some black/white flags instead of that green (done) button :p something like these maybe.

Quad Bike Racer

nààà this sign looks totally childish imo (the one with the flag).

To be hones, signs should look the most minimalistic as possible, without text, and only ONE single shape. No immages, clip-arts, texts, and so on..
The TMX signs were perfect! Minimalistic, essentials, and really intuitive!
Moped Racer

sry for beeing childish (y)
Quad Bike Racer

really like those signs Enai :)
good job man
You just lost the game ...

hitchy says:
sry for beeing childish (y)

nààà bud, i didn't wanted to say childish, but i didn't know the word.. its more: "Chich", don't know how to spell the word .
Moped Racer
Page: 3 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem