Location: Home  Community Forums  General  The screenshot must show the track 
The screenshot must show the track
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

The screenshot must indeed represent the track. But keep in mind that many people want to see what they are downloading, so added a screen that doesn't show the track is likely to deter some would-be downloaders. That kind of issue will take care of itself it seems.
Sports Saloon Racer

big +1 for the second screenshot.

Quad Bike Racer

and a big +2 from me
Just incase forzy didn't have enough to think about :d
Moped Racer

Neahhhhh, if the screenshot shows too much of the track people will award it without playing.
Old Age Caravanner

zarexz says:
Neahhhhh, if the screenshot shows too much of the track people will award it without playing.

I doubt.

There's no way to see if a track is good or not by looking at the screenshot. Sure you can see the rough amount of the transitions, scenery style (from bird view mostly) etc, but the actual drivability remains unknown. I don't really care if the second screenshot comes or not, but I won't use it myself as I find the benefit really small :p
Back in action!

Ville says:
I doubt.

I know/hope so. I'm just being annoying and kinda referring to another topic without saying too much...

Anyway, finding good, non mainstream tracks is just a tedious job. It just means you have to download and play them.
Neither a video nor a screenshot will tell you anything about the actual feel. Ofcourse you can guess about it but if you want to host only good tracks on your server it means you must download and play, play, play aaand play some more after some more downloads :d
Old Age Caravanner

There have been users busted for admitting to awarding tracks judging by the screenshot or the author's reputation/previous work. This is not something outside the realm of possibility.
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
...or the author's reputation/previous work.

This is the real reason, not the screenshot (talking about the second screenshot anyway, not the primary one). At least I very much think so, as awarding a completely unknown track just because it looks cool in the second screenshot... how to say it nicely... well, it's something only a true idiot would do.

EDIT: just to make it clear, I was talking about the second screenshot all the time. Sorry if it was a bit off-topic, I realize that now as I read the whole thread. :p
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

Well, what I had mentioned was about the screenshot in general, and not just the second one. I don't know which of the screens the offending user(s) used to pass judgement.

To get back to topic, let me pose another discussion question:
Assuming the implementation of the 'second screen' as we know it, would you still download a track that had the second screen looking straight at a blank piece of ground?
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
... would you still download a track that had the second screen looking straight at a blank piece of ground?

Depends a bit on the 1st screenshot and trackname but probably not.
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem