Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Home made music 
Home made music
Page: 2 of 12
Post Reply  0 Observer

Hey guys, I'll join the thread.

I compose with Guitar Pro 6, so don't expect the sounds to be too amazing. It's better than midi, though. :p I'll get a Mesa Boogie 5/50W Express -amp next week so I might be able to record my songs with a real guitar after that. But anyways, here's one of my most recent songs, it's based on one polyrhythmic pattern and almost the whole song follows that pattern. I used a small life to make this, so I hope you enjoy :p

Thirty-Eight

Gimme a shout if you want to hear more of my stuff.
Back in action!

Pretty cool melodies! Personally I find 0:45 -> part with metal drums and acoustic guitar quite hilarious ^^ But the other song is really nice for a metal song made with a computer so well done ^^
Beetle Racer

Yeah, I wanted to change the harmony completely in that acoustic part but still keep the pattern running, and I think this was a kinda cool way to do it :d It would sound a lot better with real instruments, too. Anyway, thanks!

EDIT: My and my friend's project, "Jäälintu", will probably make a demo soon. It's progressive metal fusion. We have 3 songs already, and when I get my new amp next week, we'll do a HQ record :) Right now we only have some crappy recordings without drums :d

Here's our page in Facebook :p No songs yet though.

EDIT2: Just to spam, we thought we'd upload the raw demo of our second song. And it really is a raw demo. Keep that in mind. :p Click.
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

It's pretty cool ville! You'll have that record deal in no time :cool:
· · · – – – · · ·

Thanks Tuta! :d
Back in action!

Wow, I have spammed this page quite a lot... oh well. (edit: cleaned it up :p)

Just finished Syndrome. Guitar Pro 6 again, no real instruments. The time signature is changing all the time, but I think I did the changes pretty well.
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

Hey Ville,

Thirty-Eight and Syndrome are really cool songs. I would keep them as electronic music, because they might drown in the waves of metal-masses, but most of all because they have a nice charme that would get lost with real instruments.
---------------------------------------------------
I'd like to take the chance to do some advertisement for my friend. The record has been recorded as home, but got a very professional mastering: The Very End

:d
Beetle Racer

Hans_Holo says:
Hey Ville,

Thirty-Eight and Syndrome are really cool songs. I would keep them as electronic music, because they might drown in the waves of metal-masses, but most of all because they have a nice charme that would get lost with real instruments.

Hm, I don't quite agree. Guitar Pro is just a notation program, it's only made for writing songs up. And it really sounds like that, even though GP6 has kind of nice sounds (for it's price). I originally made all of my songs with the intention of playing them with a real guitar afterwards. Secondly, it's impossible to have the same feeling in the music as if it was played by a human, if you make it with a computer. I don't really understand what you mean by "drowning in the waves of metal-masses", could you explain it?

Thanks though, for liking them :p
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

There's a lot of talent here; I'm proud to be a member :)

Is anyone interested in collaborative work? I come up with lots of good progressions and such, and most of them don't get implemented. Let me know! ;)
Sports Saloon Racer

Sure, why not! Just hit me with a PM or something if you have something in mind. I'm a classical/electric guitarist myself. :)
Back in action!
Page: 2 of 12 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem