Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  High-end computer experiences graphics lag 
High-end computer experiences graphics lag
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
High-end computer experiences graphics lag  
First of all, any post along the lines of "you lie you have a cheap old dell" that isn't specifically denoted as a joke will be reported, though knowing the community there fortunately is almost no chance of that ever popping up.

Anyway, I have a Gateway FX6860-UR20P (an earlier version, not the most recent one) with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, an Intel Core i7 Processor, and an ATI Raedon HD 5770 with 2 GB of GDDR3. This system is able to run TMUF at 250 FPS on average (unheard of just a few months ago), Team Fortress 2 at 100 FPS average, Metal Drift at about 100 FPS on average, Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II: Retribution at 150 FPS, and Audiosurf at 200 FPS, all on max graphics settings. I haven't tried it, but I think I could even run that unoptimized jumble of code Crysis 2 at max settings with system resources to spare.

So why, then, does Trackmania 2 cause my computer to grind almost to a halt or at least experience some sort of graphics stutter? It only really becomes a playability issue on extremely large tracks like RPGs and the like, but I can't seem to get over 50-60 FPS on the most simple tracks or even in the main menu.
Rise from the ashes!

Well I'll state the most popular response first: update BIOS and drivers, but I assume you have done this. Onother obvious possibility is heat of course. Perhaps it's time to reapply thermal compound to your CPU and GPU.

Something else to consider even though it makes little sense since you should have resources coming out of your cornhole is possibly a background program like a torrent downloader causing issues. I mention this because I had a similar problem and my PC is spec'ed very similarly to yours. At the moment I have nothing else to offer other than screaming bloody murder, throwing your keyboard or jumping in your car and doing donuts in the street.

Last edited by s8ndm8n,
Space Cowboy

Are your fps steady at 60 or are they jumping on a lower scale and you just can't get higher frames?
My guess would be simple.. you have vertical sync on?
I would recommend that anyway because that offers best grafix quality.
..wasn't me

What graphics settings are you using? If you're using max settings, try changing shader quality from "Very Nice" to "Nice".
G-kart Racer

Sandal says:
possibly a background program

I think you might be on to something there. I do have one other program on this computer that's having framerate issues and they told me to get rid of LogMeIn remote access.

I'd hate to get rid of it (I use it to play MUGEN over the internet with friends) but I guess I could just disable the graphics mirror driver.
Rise from the ashes!

Has the problem been solved?
..wasn't me

SkunkY says:
Has the problem been solved?

Not at all. It's getting worse too. I can't even run TF2 at full FPS anymore.

There must be a ram leak somewhere... It's becoming an issue on regular sized tracks now.

Edit: Why the heck do I have too instances of explorer.exe running right now?

Edit: I turned off TM2 and one of them disappeared...
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

Hm.. well then, it doesn't have to be a RAM or hardware issue.
Just to make sure.. have you vacuum cleaned your PC lately? Maybe it's just a heat problem.

Also for the same reason, have you put any new stuff into your Computer Case that could cause worse circulation of air? Have you moved your PC to another place with less circulation of air?

Then Windows.. since you have an I7, I assume you haven't got Windows installed for too long.. but anyway, if you're working a lot on your computer, installing and uninstalling a lot of programs, could it be that your registry is strewn with detritus?

Anything that goes more into detail concerning hardware issues is quite impossible to tell from here. ^^
..wasn't me

Meh... It was me being stupid and leaving too many MS Paint windows open this time. I'm back from FUBAR to SNAFU.
Rise from the ashes!

If you seriously think there's a memory leak, try memtest.

Have you explored the possibility of a thermal issue?
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem