Location: Home  Community Forums  General  auto generate TM2 tracks 
auto generate TM2 tracks
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

I was playing with this plugin, and although the tracks are simple the generator is a surprisingly advanced program.

It won't replace people, but it can build better tracks than some people.
Rise from the ashes!

Windows 3.1 says:
It won't replace people, but it can build better tracks than some people.

lol, that I believe. xD
Site Leader

just been playing with the AutoGen, i feel its fake, when you playing it, i have this idea in my head that someone @ Nadeo sat there loading different maps/tracks into our tm2 lol

just like the new blocks in AutoGen which is just the same but made up...i am guessing ok thats AutoGen....its because its the easy way to make tracks, for people who never make them..right ok i understand the AutoGen thingy now

but saying that all the above ^^^ i now feel if i got AutoGen years ago with my TM i feel i would not have been sitting here right now..playing TM2
i feel the AutoGen tool is not needed and let the Gamers play around in the map editor is still the way to go....

i was a noob at some point, and it does not take much the master
sorry i just do not think the AutoGen feels right the way it works

would have been a nice idea if you built the track then hold left mouse button in to make the land go up..and hold right mouse button to make it go back down...but saying that if thats what i mean the blocks would have to work another way..more flexable like drag them here drag them there lol

good idea tho

Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

"The genereation failed. You can retry, or perhaps you should change yor generation parameters."

Well, I've changed my parameters a gazillion times, but nothing seems to work.. Any help ?
Quad Bike Racer

Scepticism, disbelief and disapproval. I cant help it but everything in me says this is wrong.

I already asked why they made this tool but didnt get an answer yet. The only reason I can filter out is "it can be a source of inspiration". Cha, right. Inspiration would be making a part of the track but not a complete track. And sure, its not a piece of art but its scary to see this plugin in action. It can still make a mediocre track that after a bit of tuning becomes a transsexual, you'll find out the truth sooner or later but it'll trick you untill then. :p

TrackMania doesnt need this. Please people, learn building the normal way. And like someone else said, you can already download the thousands of tracks already available. Get inspired by humans, not a computer. ;)

Ps I just think they just had brilliant idea but didnt think about the concecuenses.
Quad Bike Racer

I'm all for procedural generation and such, but autogen produces comically bad maps, like this one. It's not really a serious tool, it's just something to play around with or get inspiration from.
G-kart Racer

dreadmullet says:
it's just something to play around with or get inspiration from.

well that is exactly what Ganja was concerned about :p
I felt the same way, until I realized that nobody in their right mind would enjoy most of these tracks for anything other than comic relief^^
Moped Racer

... says:
"The genereation failed. You can retry, or perhaps you should change yor generation parameters."

Well, I've changed my parameters a gazillion times, but nothing seems to work.. Any help ?

what parameters ?

I made this with autogen, (my first autogen map) and i start to play it ,and i think its a cool mini...
but i change what part i want the gen to use ofc.. the default settings is not that good do.

put 1 on all tech pieces and you get a cool little tech, see this... "mini-is-fun-1"
1 low priority
10 high priority
i hope you know what i mean, and i guess that is the parameters you talk about. ?
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

I just spent a bit of time building a track based on the results of AutoGen. I have to admit I was impressed (who else has gotten two loops in a row yet?) and had to make very few tweaks (mainly two jumps, a wall ride and a Barrel Roll which has been comically labeled with a certain famous line from a certain famous video game).

Now let's see what happens when TM2Unlimiter is added to the mix...
Rise from the ashes!

Windows says:
I just spent a bit of time building a track based on the results of AutoGen. I have to admit I was impressed

Your tracks are basically autogen quality anyway, so this isn't surprising.

... says:
a Barrel Roll which has been comically labeled with a certain famous line from a certain famous video game).

This is so coy and clever.

Quad Bike Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem