TM2 Unlimiter
Page: 7 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

So if you didn't have that specific version of TM2 you can't use Unlimiter anymore because there is no way to download a specific older TM2 patch.
Moped Racer

And f*ck !!!! The hell did I not watch this topic ?! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Learner Driver

I saved my files from the version that worked and tried to revert my installation and it still doesn't work. So it was no use anyway. :p

Mania Creative recently revamped their site, so I think some of the links have changed.

Here's a new link to the topic:
http://www.mania-creative.com/talk/showthread?threadid=5996
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

There has been talk of other people taking over the project.
Moped Racer

Yes, the source is available. But who is smart enough? :cool:
Site Leader

Even in the Unlimiter forum there was talk of it.

md says:
also having a huge migration of players from tmnf to tm2stadium will definitely bring a new/updated version of the unlimiter. rpgs and trial are modes far too important to leave the community without a blockmixing software; if arc got bored to update it, i'm sure someone else will take his place.

And it wasn't arc_ who made the first blockmixing tool. Skubidou's ChallengeEdit was one of many tools belonging in much part to the Stadium1 community (and of course the rest of TMU).
Moped Racer

Good point. Blockmixing is of course far older than Unlimiter, dating all the way back to the first TM.

But we've come a long way. Any tool that is harder (less convenient) to use than Unlimiter would be a step backwards for most builders and not readily accepted anymore I think. Then again, maybe that's just my attitude because I never accepted ChallengeEdit as a tool I wanted to use.

I actually know of someone who is looking into Unlimiter and seeing whether he can resume with the updates. We'll see what he's able to do.
Site Leader

eyebo says:
Yes, the source is available. But who is smart enough? :cool:

TGYoshi? :d
Beetle Racer

Thought of him too :p but considering updates are still coming Unlimiter is a project that would require maintenance and whoever picks it up will likely be stuck with it for a while. Want to go try out his endurance mode though.
Moped Racer

Geez this topic is still going. :p
I havent updated OP in ages but i see one of the mods/admins have.

Anyways im sad that arc no longer wants or cannot find the time to do another unlimiter. I really hope we get some tool soon that dosent brake every update. Would a program like challenge edit need updating every patch? All it seems like is a glorified hex editor so surely you would think not.

G-kart Racer
Page: 7 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem