Post Reply  0 Observer
Dedimania & ManiaRecords  
Why are there two systems?
What's the difference?
(I really don't know.)

Hans
:d
Beetle Racer

One is Mania Records and the other is Dedimania. Mania Records came before Dedimania which is why there's about 3 times as many records and supported officially by MX first.
Deep fried

Thanks very much Forzyy!

So both do save records from online-games?!
Has a server to decide to use only one of them, or can a time driven on a server be saved in both systems?
Is there a practical difference?
Beetle Racer

If the server you're on has the ManiaRecords plugin, then the times that show up will only be from ManiaRecords... and whatever times you drive will only be submitted to ManiaRecords.

The same would be true for a server that only has the Dedimania plugin, only with records shown and submitted to Dedimania.

Dedimania was of course the most popular online record service in TM1, but as Forzyy said... they came out with their TM2 support a bit late compared to the ManiaRecords guys.... so adoption of ManiaRecords seems to be higher, for now.

I don't like there being two services. And though I have a lot of respect for the legacy of Dedimania, I can't help but like the ManiaRecords website more. They've organized things very well there to show all the stats. It's very user friendly.
Site Leader

Does someone visit mania records or dedimania websites :o

But about these two systems, I prefer dedimania to maniarecords. Already now most of training and match servers use good ol' dedi. With basic fun servers the situation is otherwise because maniarecords was ready quicker. I would really like to see those two systems synchronized to work together, this is quite hilarious imo. Overall the situation is pretty weird as all TM1 coders started their own programming and now there are many different kind of systems...
Beetle Racer

THX! (y)
Beetle Racer

I don't like there being two systems either, however, since Dedimania has been running for years quite successfully already, I got more trust in that.
Segmentation fault

The issue is that dedimania was late in support for TM2, which is why ManiaRecords was able to step up and for a while be the sole online record provider for TM2. There are some records that exist on MR that are not on Dedimania.
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem