Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  So you want to judge in the MTC - READ! 
So you want to judge in the MTC - READ!
Page: 3 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

As long as you can finish your work quickly enough, it's okay! You go the optional way ;)
But I don't want to force every judge to judge for days. Not everyone has holidays :p
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

haenry says:

The judging process should look something like this:
Drive a map until you get a clean run. :done: Agree :done:

Then act as if you were on a server and drive clean runs for around 5 mins. Afterwards you can write your score down in the judging sheet.
:@ not agreed! :@

you know not everyone makes maps meant for online while they are still gems... I know a lot of maps wich aren't good for online but are really gems and I know you all do know some of them...

so why should a judge base his score on the point of view to place the map on a server? are maps played on servers that good? (when I open any of the first 5 server in tm² and play the maps 70% of the maps that will play are crap...)

so I think this isn't a valid point of view to judge maps this way.

Moped Racer

This was a suggestion, not an order!
In the end every judge judges in the way he thinks is the best way for judging anyways, which is totally okay! However, it is necessary to finish judging in time, which is why I suggested an easy judging method ;)
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

haenry says:
This was a suggestion, not an order!
In the end every judge judges in the way he thinks is the best way for judging anyways, which is totally okay! However, it is necessary to finish judging in time, which is why I suggested an easy judging method ;)

I guess it would be a good idea to set up an evaluation grid or something similar. Sometimes I get the feeling the maps are judged a little too much after popularity and/or personal taste.
MX Supporter

erikfzr says:
popularity and/or personal taste

But that is exactly what voting is about. The most popular map will win. I don't understand your concern :s
gado is a

haenry says:
erikfzr says:

But that is exactly what voting is about. The most popular map will win. I don't understand your concern :s
I think the judges should bear in mind that their votes is for many, i.e. their votes should predict the popularity within the community. Doing otherwise there's no need for judges, we already have awards for popular tracks.
MX Supporter

erikfzr says:
haenry says:
erikfzr says:

I think the judges should bear in mind that their votes is for many, i.e. their votes should predict the popularity within the community. Doing otherwise there's no need for judges, we already have awards for popular tracks.

well I think you are right but imo the judges so far haven't done that...

you know the map that won last mtc had only 1 award and only a few downloads and none replay or comment but you know it won against these maps that stood in the best of the week once they were released...

this is a example of your the point that your idea isn't rigt at the moment.

only after that this map won the mtc it became popular....

so judging a map isn't about popularity. it is about building skills, fun on the map, and if the theme is worked in pretty well and if the theme is used originally or not :p

I really recommend to take Snake's map as example for this cause it is a true story :p I played his map and I knew the outcome right away. I never even finished my mtc map for than :p

lolig
Moped Racer
Page: 3 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem