Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC - November 2011 [Results on page 8!] 
MTC - November 2011 [Results on page 8!]
Page: 5 of 10
Post Reply  0 Observer

eyebo says:
All my tracks will be blockmixed from now on. Once you start, it's hard to stop. 8-|

So true... lol
That's why Im giving the no blockmix tracks a bit more time... haha
Old Age Caravanner

What is the attitude of the judges towards mods?
Moped Racer

I used one...
imo it's part of the mediatracker
Last edited by zipperke,
THINK its not illegal yet

If it isn't unallowed, it's allowed.

-> yes, mods are allowed
Back in action!

Enai Siaion says:
What is the attitude of the judges towards mods?

I take it that if it fits and profits the track its always a plus.
Tbh I dont realy like using them much because it usualy turns out to be an unecessary load on a track.
Old Age Caravanner

One thing i don't like this month is that you changed the rules after a few days
If you follow the rules from the mainpage, you presume with one long drift that it is in the same direction
my track was almost finished when i've heard you are allowed to change the direction even so that you stop sliding briefly in between.
that changes everything...
Oh well, what done is done, i'm not starting over, i'm happy with my map, but in the future i'll start building when everything is sorted out within the first comment pages.
THINK its not illegal yet

zipperke says:
...you are allowed to change the direction even so that you stop sliding briefly in between.

That is not allowed!!! I never said that.

The authortime must be driven so that the drifts are at least 8 seconds long. Absolutely no nosliding allowed inbetween one drift.

I said that if it's possible to drive better without drifting (from my own experience, double-drifts like this can often be driven with only 1 drift and nosliding the rest), you might get a worse score in Theme-category. The author must still drive the track so that there are at least 3 drifts that last for at least 8 seconds each.
Back in action!

Zipperke sufkop. :p

He said changing direction is allowed, but you do have to keep sliding. You actually can do this without interrupting your drift: countersteer during the drift and brake again when you are just about to regain grip, then keep the brake down until you drift in the other direction. This is a continuous drift because your rear wheels are locked up during the 0.01 seconds you are going straight. This is in fact what happens automatically offroad because your rear wheels never have any grip on sand.

Ville says:
I said that if it's possible to drive better without drifting (from my own experience, double-drifts like this can often be driven with only 1 drift and nosliding the rest), you might get a worse score in Theme-category. The author must still drive the track so that there are at least 3 drifts that last for at least 8 seconds each.

Many zigzag drifts can be partially noslid but it's not necessarily faster if this puts you at an awkward angle for the next turn so you have to slam on the brakes or just crash.

On my submission I hedged my bets: the drift sections are 14, 9 and 11 seconds respectively so even if you do noslide the first or last corner you're still well within range.
Last edited by Enai Siaion,
Moped Racer

Enai Siaion says:

Many zigzag drifts can be partially noslid but it's not necessarily faster if this puts you at an awkward angle for the next turn so you have to slam on the brakes or just crash.

On my submission I hedged my bets: the drift sections are 14, 9 and 11 seconds respectively so even if you do noslide the first or last corner you're still well within range.

Then you don't need to worry about anything (y)
Back in action!

These zigzag drifts remember me the current Lap-map in the TWL0.
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/9232/twl0-ready

The zigzag after start is always from drift to drift and therefore allowed I'd say. ^^
Moped Racer
Page: 5 of 10 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem