Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC - November 2011 [Results on page 8!] 
MTC - November 2011 [Results on page 8!]
Page: 7 of 10
Post Reply  0 Observer

damn its much more complicated being a judge then i thought. i thought it would be nice and easy and i already drove every of the entries for hours and wrote down everything. I watched all the GPS and inspected the whole Tracks and thought i could make a good rating and now im so unmotivated that i decided to quit that. (y)
Last edited by echo4hhsm,
Learner Driver

[edit]
Last edited by Enai Siaion,
Moped Racer

Might be hard but I think the judge team should be people that are renowned in MX for being experienced in both driving and track building... I dont realy know what is going on but I've seen some posts that I dont realy think they fit a judge.

These MX competitions are top-notch in the Trackmania world... if they were to disapear we would be left with nothing. That being said, I realy think it should be given the pro/acuracy/skill it needs.

Dont mean to dispite anyone though, just dicussing values.
Old Age Caravanner

On another note and completely unrelated... would you find the following drift as a whole drift or do we supose the 45% angle upwards brakes it in two? Cause it does stop drifint for a fraction of a second even though the driving is always in drift mode...
Just need to know if I need to change that section. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJLmYEZmabQ
Last edited by REHVEN,
Old Age Caravanner

REHVEN says:
On another note and completely unrelated... would you find the following drift as a whole drift or do we supose the 45% angle upwards brakes it in two? Cause it does stop drifint for a fraction of a second even though the driving is always in drift mode...

It's allowed, all wheels stay on ground.

---

Will respond to this judging thing later.
Back in action!

you are getting too emotional. stop taking it personal its just a game and i dont wanted to insult anybody. i was asked to judge this month by KekX because i asked for it last month and thy had enough judges. i dont want to "flunk" your track i just thought it could be against rules but it isnt. so what is the probelm? i will not judge because the rules are not clear and some people start getting angry. i bet there are enough ppl who want to spend time on the judge thing.
So dont think about it anymore. I'm just sad about it that i wasted so much time on this. I should just finish my started Tracks,...
Last edited by echo4hhsm,
Learner Driver

Ville says:
REHVEN says:

It's allowed, all wheels stay on ground.

---

Will respond to this judging thing later.

Cheers for the quick reply. (y)
Old Age Caravanner

REHVEN says:
Might be hard but I think the judge team should be people that are renowned in MX for being experienced in both driving and track building... I dont realy know what is going on but I've seen some posts that I dont realy think they fit a judge.

These MX competitions are top-notch in the Trackmania world... if they were to disapear we would be left with nothing. That being said, I realy think it should be given the pro/acuracy/skill it needs.

Dont mean to dispite anyone though, just dicussing values.

The judges should represent the community, not just the community elite.
Moped Racer

This is different from the norm though, which took me by surprise.

You always build a track with a clear target audience in mind. For instance, when you build for the MTC you build a track for a minority of discerning drivers with a sense for "flow" and "design" who are not going to give up at the first transition. Will the community at large like your track? No, because the community tends to like lol tracks, repetitive drift tracks and 1000 kph platform ovals but will immediately thumb down your track if it has narrow roads in it.

This is a safe assumption: if suddenly the judges are 5 people picked at random from LOL & Shorts you're going to fail with your transitional flow track, but you know this won't happen.

Likewise, the MTC has always been about difficult tracks for skilled drivers. Pretty much none of the tracks submitted to an MTC would fly on a regular server. Therefore seeing a slow judge was a surprise. Had I known this, I would have made a track that works better for people well below the AT, not just for the usual judge who beats my AT into the ground with a rusty hammer. I didn't expect that playability for slow drivers would matter for the MTC, so I didn't really build for slow drivers. Bleh on me.

This is not echo's fault - judging is difficult and there are always too few of them, so the fact that he volunteered at all is great and I hope he'll be on board for the next MTCs as well. At least now I know the judges are supposed to represent the community and aren't just the kind of drivers who can beat your AT by 2 seconds on a track with one corner in it.

:)
Moped Racer

I don't really know what to add to the judging discussion. But I strongly oppose the idea that only exceptionally professional drivers can judge MTC tracks - although, of course, you need to have a certain skill to see the tracks in the way they are intended to be seen/driven/felt/... . We don't build tracks for 3, 4 or 5 people who will judge them, we do build them for the community.

Talking about judges: We need some! :p Feel free to write me a PM if you're interested!

MTC underway!
Page: 7 of 10 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem