Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Inactive 
Inactive
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

indeed :)
Zimmer Racer

Yo, great idea. Something like under the location
"Status: Active"
and when you go to your profile you can set the time that you are inactive and then the status will be like
"Status: Inactive until 24.12.11" for example
Beetle Racer

metoxys says:
Hell, if people were to make topics to tell the world that they are inactive... Hell, that would DESTROY forums!

Actually it's people who insult people at every turn that ruins the forums. And you know what ruins forums even more? Inactivity. Even someone telling others he won't be around for a while is a sign of activity... and shows a sense of investment in the forums and the community here. Without that, the forums would die.

People have a right to tell people if they think they won't be around. He posted it in the correct forum too. People like dejavu are regularly called on to make screenshots for people, and I'm sure he's been asked on more than one occasion to beta test a track for someone. At least now there's a public post in the forums with some explanation as to his absence.

I like the idea of an auto-reply though. That would be nice for people on extended leave from MX.

@dejavu... I hope to see you around sometime soon. If not, it was great to have been graced by your talent both in track making and graphics editing... and of course it's been fun to race online with you on occasion. (y)
Site Leader

eyebo says:
@dejavu... I hope to see you around sometime soon. If not, it was great to have been graced by your talent both in track making and graphics editing... and of course it's been fun to race online with you on occasion. (y)

Aw man... if dejavu was a completely unknown person without a YouTube channel, without any tracks uploaded on any exchange, with no participation in screenshot projects and not active on the forums and not online you would also see this topic in a different way. That was what my complaints were about.
Beetle Racer

metoxys says:

Aw man... if dejavu was a completely unknown person without a YouTube channel, without any tracks uploaded on any exchange, with no participation in screenshot projects and not active on the forums and not online you would also see this topic in a different way. That was what my complaints were about.

"Hi, I just registered this forum to say I will be inactive. I mean I will not build tracks or relative stuff" XD
Quad Bike Racer

metoxys says:

Of course we would have seen it in a different way. We would have started asking who he was, and why we needed to know.

But the fact is that dejavu IS known, and it IS nice to know he'll be inactive for a while, albeit a bit sad. So your point was completely moot... and also a bit rude.

The worst part is that you said you'd disregard his opinion. He wasn't even expressing one. He only said he'd be gone. It was just a little notification.

Anyway, I'm not trying to attack you here. But sometimes it'd be nice if you used a little more decorum around the forums. You're not the only one though, so I guess I'm just blowing into the wind.
Site Leader

Oi oi oi. I was just saying that if he was someone else then you all would see the thing from a different point of view. If he was someone completely unknown or unimportant then you all would not see the sense in this topic, see?
Then someone who would make this topic would just be too conceited, that was what my opinion about this thread was.
Beetle Racer

I give up. 8-|
Site Leader

eyebo says:
I give up. 8-|

Beetle Racer

we can hava a icon behind our name and when you hover over that icon the massage pop up and tell you way, hopfully :d
Beetle Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem