Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Fullspeed track not the same as in TMNF? 
Fullspeed track not the same as in TMNF?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Fullspeed track not the same as in TMNF?  
Hi all, I`m new here after driving TM2 just a few days and wonder about the handling of the car in fullspeed tracks. As I`m use to in TMNF and TMX its supposed to be no need for using the brakes or release the gas in or before curves. But the few fullspeed tracks I have been driven here, it seems for me that there is no way to take the curves without tip the brake and have a drift. Is this normal or is it just me that dont understand the handling of the car in TM2?
Moped Racer

It all depends how the track is made. There are some really fast tracks that have sharp enough turns that they require drifting. There are other maps that are built to be completely fullspeed noslide.

Personally I prefer some drifting mixed in there, cause its just so much fun. But the car is also very adept at nosliding at incredible speeds, especially on the platform blocks.

The drifting is fun because most times it's also possible to do full throttle, but you just tap the brake to initiate your drift to take the turn a bit tighter... but you're still rocketing through the turns. I rarely let off gas on any map unless its a VERY techy map.

I have my brake assigned to a secondary key on the left side of the keyboard to make it easier to control when I'm doing a drift.

Offroad, you will always slide. It's offroad. :p

GP... pretty much made for drifting, but with the right lines, a lot of tracks (even tech ones) can be taken noslide through some parts if you get your line right.

The only parts that will probably be unfamiliar to you if you're used to TMNF, is the physics of the car when driving loops, inversions, and wallrides. The car literally sticks to the surface of the wall, and this causes some strange things to happen. It's a lot to get used to, but a lot of new and cool things become possible with it.

I hope I answered your original question.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

When I download a FS-track I expect no spots where you have to break/ release gas.
Maybe you like to try one of my tracks: one-button-high-speed-stuff...
;)
Beetle Racer

Fullspeed is fullspeed. And this means no breaking and no leaving gas.
Quad Bike Racer

When people say fullspeed, they mean 99% of the time "noslide".
Old Age Caravanner

Thinking back to TM1... there were a lot of fullspeed maps in Island which require sliding at high speeds. There was also high speed drifting in stadium... and I'm not talking about speedtech.

To me, fullspeed has as much to do with the style of the route as it does with the driving itself. Of course it means full throttle for the entire map. But if the car naturally goes into a drift on some part with no aid of the brake, then it may still be fullspeed, if the route was designed to be a fullspeed one. It's just as valid as calling a red booster map in Island "fullspeed". And I've never heard of anyone having issues with that.

Anyway, fullspeed noslide is of course possible too. It's just however the author wants to build it to cater to that style of driving.

I've heard plenty of people online referring to high speed drift maps as fullspeed. They're not letting off gas, so to them it's fullspeed. Many of these types of maps don't fall into speedtech or tech either, so fullspeed is really the only option left of the traditional style choices.

Edit: I'd call this fullspeed -> LetsBegin by Xil
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Oh, this kind of forum thread, I mean the way the forum application is designed sucks, coz cannot read the comment when i write my replay.....(but thats another topic) But ok, i tend to agree with most of u guys, its a personal preference. Coz who decide the rules for what is what? Only thing i think we can agree 100% to is fullspeed is no let of the gas. If we have to tip the brake in order to take a curve, we can still maintain the "full" speed as well as if the drift comes without tipping the brakes at all, right? Drifting slows down the car anyway compare to no drift at all, but its still a "full" speed track as long as we dont have to let of the gas or brake down in any places...... Anyway, tnx for replay and opinions on my post here.....
Moped Racer

I will say that four months ago when I started driving Canyon... I tried drifting nearly every corner. But over time I realized there's a lot of corners that you can take fullspeed noslide. Usually there's not a good way to know this on new maps other than playing with different lines and seeing what's possible.

Now that replay downloading has been added to the site... you do have the nice advantage that you can click on the top time of some of the maps, download, and watch the replay... and see how other people drive the track. You'll get an idea of what's possible and which turns can be taken slide or noslide.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

TNx eyebo ! I'll do that and then will practice as much as possible... enjoying already !
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem